Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
    i'll assume there has to be
    Just because there is an infinite amount of space OR matter does NOT mean that there has to be an infinite repetition of everything possible.

It is possible that there could be an infinite number of earth repilcas, and no this could not be disproven assuming an infinite universe, but I don't see why it MUST be true.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

i'll assume there has to be
      Ahh! Modern science at work.

Comment

i no see no monkey...

infinity has to be the most messed up number... well besides e^pi*i
        I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Anunikoba

No, there is no proof of that; see my post about the monkeys a few paces back.

And there is no such thing as random anyhow; the system generating the randomness determines the pattern.

That's how high-tech crooks can win at digital Keno everytime. And it is also true in nature.
          Not entirely true. Humans have difficulty of conceiving random systems, due to the limitations of what we have to work with.

QED provides us with, in every demonstratable behavioral study, random behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by orange

Just because there is an infinite amount of space OR matter does NOT mean that there has to be an infinite repetition of everything possible.

It is possible that there could be an infinite number of earth repilcas, and no this could not be disproven assuming an infinite universe, but I don't see why it MUST be true.
            because if infinity doesn't contain everything it isn't infinity...

of course the counterarguement is does infinity contain itself which leads to a very interesting proof about the non-existance of the universe...
            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

because if infinity doesn't contain everything it isn't infinity...

of course the counterarguement is does infinity contain itself which leads to a very interesting proof about the non-existance of the universe...
              how many times do I have to say this... no. Infinity contains merely itself. Just a singular unreal infinite set.

Comment

Does the "what do you look like" thread contain a picture of Caesar? No!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaggins

Not entirely true. Humans have difficulty of conceiving random systems, due to the limitations of what we have to work with.

QED provides us with, in every demonstratable behavioral study, random behavior.
                  the only way the universe can be random is if it is infinite... if you had a finite universe you could simply take a really really powerful computer and input all the variables and you'd be able to predict the future (which of course only brings up more problems)

Comment

Quanta exist in Quantum fields which are infinite.

There are forwards-recursive infinite states. Everything happens, and keeps on recursively happening.

We only perceive one of those realities.

Comment

how many times do I have to say this... no. Infinity contains merely itself. Just a singular unreal infinite set.
                      question... are there more rational or irrational numbers? (i know the answer i'm just not sure why its true)

Comment

what do you mean more?

Comment

There are forwards-recursive infinite states. Everything happens, and keeps on recursively happening.

i guess we're just taken from one of those realities to another and that is consciousness... although wouldn't an exact copy of you be stuck somewhere (or more appropriately somewhen) at a point in time for eternity....

Comment

A number that can be expressed as a fraction where p and q are integers and , is called a rational number with numerator p and denominator q. Numbers which are not rational are called irrational numbers. The set of all rational numbers is referred to as the "rationals," and forms a field that is denoted Q. Any rational number is trivially also an algebraic number. The set of rational numbers is denoted Rationals in Mathematica, and a number x can be tested to see if it is rational using the command Element[x, Rationals].

The elementary algebraic operations for combining rational numbers are exactly the same as for combining fractions.

It is always possible to find another rational number between any two members of the set of rationals. Therefore, rather counterintuitively, the rational numbers are a continuous set, but at the same time countable.

For a, b, and c any different rational numbers, then

is the square of a rational number (Honsberger 1991).

The probability that a random rational number has an even denominator is 1/3 (Salamin and Gosper 1972).

It is conjectured that if there exists a real number x for which both and are integers, then x is rational. This result would follow from the four exponentials conjecture (Finch).
                            Last edited by MrBaggins; April 25, 2002, 17:05.

Comment

what do you mean more?
                              say you have a number line from negative infinity to infinity and you made a point for each rational number and each irrational number, the set of points for the rational numbers is A and the set of points for the irrational numbers is B. are there more elements in set A or set B?

Comment

Sooo.. if a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, then does it make a sound?

Or, if a Quanta exists in a different reality, and we can't percieve that reality, does it exist at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X