Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a semantic arguement about the value of generalizations in certain circumstances. What exactly is there to debate?

Let's start with you why are you here? Let's generalize you have but nothing better to do. Let's generalize an arguement in this circumstance (semantics) about the debate of generalizations...now what is the value of you being here?
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

• asher
      there are no sides
      this is a fooking free for all
      any hopes of having a serious discussion were thrown out the window after the first page and only a minute few of us (ala 2) have been trying to hold it together

we might as well move on to:
      blah
      and Ming's a bastard! now.
      "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Kaak: Those "deductions" are made via generalizations. They deduce that aspirin will work on all by generalizing from given samples of uniform chemicals to the conclusion that all chemicals of that given type in the future will be like that. They never know for sure, and this is shown by the fact that aspirin does not help with some people's headaches at all.

Applying generalizations does involve deduction,making them sometimes induction, sometimes a bit of induction and deduction.

Comment

• So, basically what you are saying is that generalizations are wrong? or atleast Always wrong some of the time? hmmm...seems like i posted the same thing two pages ago.

Btw, i'm still waiting on my money for the water bet
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaak
            blackice, once again, i hve absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
            Blackice is easy to understand. His crazy ravings boil down to: I right, you little man, you fool, you grow up. Oh, and let's not forget the constant crazy laughing of a maniac.
            Golfing since 67

Comment

• Blackice:
              Just get out of the thread. You're recycling your insults and you've still said NOTHING actually relating to the topic to show you have ANY understanding of what's going on. All you're doing is running around saying "see thats what i mean" "see hes right" "see hes got a good point".

You're seriously the dumbest poster on Apolyton. Bar none. I should think LR and DM find it insulting that you be on their side

Like control freak you mean ok god You contradict yourself more than not I think they have made it clear you have proven the "generalization" clause.
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

• Ting: i gathered as much, but since he seemed to be directing all of that at asher, i didn't see why he kept saying my name?!
                "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

• it's 3am
                  i'm going to bed
                  right fred?
                  that's what i said
                  haven't you read
                  man...i wish i was dead
                  "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

• Blackice is easy to understand. His crazy ravings boil down to: I right, you little man, you fool, you grow up. Oh, and let's not forget the constant crazy laughing of a maniac.

ah Asher's dl I see you have contributed as much as usual to a thread
                    Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaak
                      Ting: i gathered as much, but since he seemed to be directing all of that at asher, i didn't see why he kept saying my name?!
                      Maybe he just hates names composed of a double-a and a double-k. Then again, maybe he likes typing these types of names and that's why he includes you in his posts.
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

• My DLs are Giancarlo, Wiglaf, and Ming. Tinkai is Kaak's DL.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Ting: i gathered as much, but since he seemed to be directing all of that at asher, i didn't see why he kept saying my name?!

Oh my god triple tl Does anyone take the time to read....
                          Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
                            Blackice is easy to understand. His crazy ravings boil down to: I right, you little man, you fool, you grow up. Oh, and let's not forget the constant crazy laughing of a maniac.

ah Asher's dl I see you have contributed as much as usual to a thread
                            I'm just in awe of your brilliant contributions to this thread.
                            Golfing since 67

Comment

• My DLs are Giancarlo, Wiglaf, and Ming. Tinkai is Kaak's DL

hahahahaha good one :d: .
                              Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                                My DLs are Giancarlo, Wiglaf, and Ming. Tinkai is Kaak's DL.
                                No. Kaak is my evil DL.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X