Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM: I can see why you're defending LR (He is your boyfriend, afterall)...

But you and him both seem to think that anyone at Apolyton gives a **** about what some dictionaries say and logic textbooks say regarding generalizations. It's pointless theory that LR is using just to try to prove himself to be an intellectual and full of logic and reason. If he had the logical reasoning skills he thought he did, this thread wouldn't exist in the first place.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Alright, now I'm firmly convinced that you're a drug addict of some sort.

Look get out of your parents basement it will help

Because I think and argue I am a control freak?
      Perhaps if you thought a bit and actually did some arguing rather than baseless flaming you'd get farther in life, rather than being the 45-year old computer repairman you are today. Something an A+ certified twelve year old could do.

Now shall we talk about assumptions next You need more light

I'm sorry, maybe I should have changed the topic of the reply so that it's less tedious. The reason why it's tedious is because the subject matter is tedious. Figure that one out, Einstein.

What I can not figure out is why someone would whine so much about something yet still be here posting Brain food you need seems you missed a loop somewhere Hey Asher It's ok just leave now no one will notice Seems you are in a thread that is tedious and annoying you maybe take some time in the little boys room...refresh and move on
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

If he had the logical reasoning skills he thought he did, this thread wouldn't exist in the first place.
        ok
        you gotta explain this one
        because you make 0 cents
        p.s......i defend him because i think he should have the right to a serious debate here if he wishes instead of the plethora of bull**** posts he's gotten from the lot of you. you wouldn't do this to anyone else. I've also opposed him in some of his poly debates. I invited him here in the first place because i THOUGHT some serious conversations could take place here. asher, i love ya dearly, but somedays you just get into these moods where i'd love to also strangle you
        "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

asher, in case you were wondering, the fallacy definitions he gave came out of a logic intro book
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
            Look get out of your parents basement it will help
            Don't you tire of using the same insults (which stand for your arguments)? How does "living in a parents basement" (which I don't, btw ) have anything to do with logical deduction proving if generalizations are acceptable or not? You seem to not understand anything going on in this thread...

What I can not figure out is why someone would whine so much about something yet still be here posting Brain food you need seems you missed a loop somewhere Hey Asher It's ok just leave now no one will notice Seems you are in a thread that is tedious and annoying you maybe take some time in the little boys room...refresh and move on
            I'm in this thread because it's too early to go to sleep and it's too late to do anything, and it's sunday night and nothing's on TV.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Kaak
              asher, in case you were wondering, the fallacy definitions he gave came out of a logic intro book
              I know, I've taken the course.

Comment

there is no personal vendetta. I think him a fool, and his posts continue to assure me that i'm right.
                That hurts Kaak. Really.

Also if I was a fool, you'd be violating biblical command.

Pr.26:4
                "Answer not a fool according to his folly."
                Maybe if you read the Bible you'd know that.

Comment

But you and him are both seem to think that anyone at Apolyton gives a **** about what some dictionaries say and logic textbooks say regarding generalizations. It's pointless theory that LR is using just to try to prove himself to be an intellectual and full of logic and reason. If he had the logical reasoning skills he thought he did, this thread wouldn't exist in the first place

And you are proving you are a control freak an as* and in the wrong thread... Really I care more about his opinion than yours but all I have had to deal with is yours...Grow up man....talk about a spam artist you are a grad...
                  “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                  Or do we?

Comment

say it was an intro book
                    does that make it any less important?
                    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Don't you tire of using the same insults (which stand for your arguments)? How does "living in a parents basement" (which I don't, btw ) have anything to do with logical deduction proving if generalizations are acceptable or not? You seem to not understand anything going on in this thread..

I have been using you as an example a sound one I may add.

I'm in this thread because it's too early to go to sleep and it's too late to do anything, and it's sunday night and nothing's on TV.

Or do we?

Comment

blackice: Just because you're old doesn't mean you're wise. In fact, it seems that the only logical explanation behind your survival is you've become slower with age. Surely a child with your intellect would have been hit by a car.

You can stop using the "grow up", "move out", "look outside" type of argument any time now, and try to focus on the issues (which you don't even seem to understand).

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                          say it was an intro book
                          How is this important in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Realist

That hurts Kaak. Really.

Also if I was a fool, you'd be violating biblical command.

Maybe if you read the Bible you'd know that.
                            a) wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. just pointing out that the only biased person in this thread is DM

b) i have said it before and i'll say it as many times as you need to get it into your tiny little brain: most christians today do not live by old testament law. Your assumption that I haven't read the bible once again proves you the fool i believe you to be.
                            "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
                              say it was an intro book
                              it is also an intro book at baylor. This looks like a suspicious collaboration between atleast DM and LR, so she can prove to her friends that her BF isn't as dumb as everyone thinks him to be, and help him save face at the same time...

Comment

blackice: Just because you're old doesn't mean you're wise. In fact, it seems that the only logical explanation behind your survival is you've become slower with age. Surely a child with your intellect would have been hit by a car.

You can stop using the "grow up", "move out", "look outside" type of argument any time now, and try to focus on the issues (which you don't even seem to understand)

Generalizations man you fit the bill. With the way you are going he has to prove nothing you have done it for him.
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X