No announcement yet.

Bands that everyone likes but you don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really got into dance music either. It mostly sucks to me. Only about two dance names have ever made their way into my heart: Shanks and Bigfoot, because I can count on them to be cute and nice (depressing music reeks); and, way back in the mid-90s, a reggae-dance hybrid act with the surprising name of Mr. President . . .
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

U2
      Rolling Stones
      Elvis Presley
      The Hives
      Groove Armada
      The Smiths
      The Strokes
      Travis

Comment

I wasn't aware anyone liked The Strokes.

They simply try too hard...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Opeth... most metallers claim it's "pure musical genius" and the other usual stuff... but listening to one of their songs just leaves me thinking "what the ****"

Maybe I'm not intelligent enough

Comment

backstreetn boys, 'n sync, 98 degrees

you get the picture...

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
              REM. What a load of mimsy, pretentious rubbish.

U2. Utter drivel.
              YES!!!
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Also:

Category 1:
                Creed - Why?
                Staind - Cheer up!!!!
                Nickelback - Please make them stop
                POD - just when you thought things couldn't get any worse along come POD and prove you wrong

A housemate of mine who has some Creed albums said, when challenged, that it's music to listen to when you don't want to listen to music. I think that says it all for all these three bands.

Category 2:
                Travis - Sing, sing, rain, rain, turn turn. It probably rains on you because you live in Scotland. ****!
                Coldplay - *yawn*

The Verve did this stuff well, these guys are just boring.

There is so many more categories as well... for me the biggest crime is being boring though, add The Strokes into that.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                  Nickelback - Please make them stop

A housemate of mine who has some Creed albums said, when challenged, that it's music to listen to when you don't want to listen to music. I think that says it all for all these three bands.
                  The people who usually have things against Nickelback tend to:
                  A) Not like Rock in general
                  B) Like Rock in general but assume all Rock has to be artistic, deep, and/or symbolic

I like Nickelback because I find the tunes to be quite catchy, I enjoy listening to them, they're simple yet not too simple. I like that once and a while.

Unfortunately because they're so simple, they don't have much replay value. But for the short while when the song or CD's still new to me, I really enjoy it.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    REM. What a load of mimsy, pretentious rubbish.

U2. Utter drivel.
                    YES!!!

Same here.

Add me Prince to the list, please.

Comment

Well, being someone else who hates Nickelback I can say it's neither of those reasons. The main reason is that they lack any form of originality, creativity and energy. Half-hearted music that sounds like it was recorded in the mid-eighties (and the bands then did it with much more finesse and better production). Extremely boring, extremely predictable, extremely not Rock.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Yep, that's it. I love different bands from all parts of rock music from death metal and grindcore to early '60s proto punk and most stuff in between. Nickelback aren't doing anything that I haven't heard over and over again for the last 15 years, which isn't so bad in itself but they are doing it in a passionless, boring way.

I think that what you said about them being quite catchy but not having much replay value is a pretty good summary of why I don't like them. There's nothing behind the music which isn't necessarily a bad thing, we all like dumb music from time to time but Nickelback's stuff is not good enough to force it into your head and make you want to listen to it again and again which is what great dumb music can do.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Red Hot Chili Peppers
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Well, I have to agree with a lot of the hopelessly unoriginal and derivative stuff that was mentioned, like:

Limp Bizkit
                            Staind
                            Creed
                            Kid Rock
                            Godsmack

I don't really dislike bands like Travis, Nickelback, U2, REM and Coldplay, even though I can name tons of more interesting bands.

But a lot of the bands I mentioned above are not really taken seriously by people who are interested in music, so here are a few others.

I completely agree with Aivopuoliso on Opeth. I can't figure out what's supposed to be so great about it, even though almost every metalhead thinks they're the greatest band on earth.

The Strokes. It's not bad, but it's very far from exciting, especially for a band that has been applauded by almost every music fan last year.

Mudhoney is often considered (especially by Nirvana fans) to be one of the best grunge bands. I disagree. A lot.

Comment

Just about anything snappy recommends
                              I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                              Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

This is a thread for stuff everyone likes. No-one likes the stuff that Snapcase recommends.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X