• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Gay People Common?
    Common as muck old chap.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• For the love of God let this thread die.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Blisterz
        I was always into boys, came out in grade 9 (23 now). I dunno what happened, but around a year and a half ago I met a girl that needed a ride home from the Pub i spend way too much time at. I told her I would drive her. I told her I was gay on the ride to her place and she laughed at me (not kidding). I really didn't know what to say. She told me that she did not know any gay people, and that she thought it was 'cute '.

Well we ended up talking on the phone alot over the next few weeks, and we realized one of my EX's was her cousin. One night she called me and told me that a friend had bailed out on a movie she wanted to go see and if I would come, I said sure. To shorten the story, we ended up at the pub after the movie and got good and pissed. We ended up kissing in the parking lot and... (one year later)... We are getting married. Had a really hard time telling my queer friends, they always thought it was a fad. The upseting part of this story is that most of them will not talk to me anymore, no even a call to say Hi . I have no idea why I am telling this story, it may be 'cause I just got back from the Pub .
        Ohhhhh! I'm sending this story straight on to my neighbor, who works for Jery Falwell. You can expect the reporters to show up in a few days.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Yes, I believe that most gay people are common, except for those with seats in the House of Lords. Can someone name a few gays who have noble titles?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• "if a gay guy hit on me id bust a cap in his ****** ass..."

This is one of those few times Freud really seems to ring true...

So...if the friend revealed his gayness you would use violence (sublimated or diverted sexuality), use a gun (phallic symbol) to shoot your 'load' into his ass?

Could there be any clearer illustration of the sexual insecurity of the American teenage boy?
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
              Yes, I believe that most gay people are common, except for those with seats in the House of Lords. Can someone name a few gays who have noble titles?
              Richard Simmons! King of EXERCISE!!!

-Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker
                "if a gay guy hit on me id bust a cap in his ****** ass..."

This is one of those few times Freud really seems to ring true...

So...if the friend revealed his gayness you would use violence (sublimated or diverted sexuality), use a gun (phallic symbol) to shoot your 'load' into his ass?

Could there be any clearer illustration of the sexual insecurity of the American teenage boy?

Seeker, who was that who you quoted??

This is what tolerance of homophobia in any society does -- it legitimizes violence towards homosexuals and bisexuals for too many people who do not understand sexual orientation.

Whoever spewed such hatred on Apolyton, should at least be temporarily banned.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• And yes, I do understand statistics, Jon Miller -- you're just claiming I do not understand just because you disagree with the sources I cite, and you disagree with my claims.

I believe he was refering to this:

And besides that -- what about those who are not registered to vote, who are gay, lesbian, or bisexual? That would only increase the percentages of those groups of people in the United States.

And he is correct. If you count those gay, lesbian, bisexuals not registered to vote, you must also count those straight people not registered to vote, thus probably not increasing the percentage at all.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Ok, that's a good point about statistics then about straights who are not registered.

And plus, you not only have to consider gays and lesbians who are not registered, but those who are registered but closeted.
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                      Can someone name a few gays who have noble titles?
                      Sir Elton John
                      Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf)
                      Those are all I know.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Who cares who is gay and who's not?! As long as you like bananas!....ok ok....and strawberries for Mr.Fun....

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Well, I'd assume Mr. Fun likes bananas of a certain variety
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Well, I'd assume Mr. Fun likes bananas of a certain variety
                            Ya well, dont go in the apolyton cafe to tell him that, otherwise you're in for a strawberry beating!

Comment

• Well, he better like certain bananas, or else I don't know what he is doing being gay .

Comment

• IIRC, American Jews make up 6% of the population, which would be greater than 4.2%
                                That would be amazing if true. 6% of 280 million = 14.8 million.

IIRC, the number's closer to 7 or 8 million.
                                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Killing it is the new killing it
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X