Are Gay People Common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Gay People Common?

nah i mean for real i heard that 10% of males are gay but I have never known anyone who was gay or bisexual or nothing like that. Maybe its just cause i live in philly or something but no one is gay. I aint ever know anyone gay. is this strange? do yall know people in real life who is gay?

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

People in real life that I know are gay:

Starchild
    Mr. Fun
    Asher (bi, I think)
    red_jon (bi, I think)
    My wife's cousin
    3 co-workers, two in the office, one out in the field
    My brother (?) Actually, I think he's asexual, but...

Comment

It's very bizarre that you don't know anybody who's gay. Most of those that I know came out at some point during Uni; during high school I didn't know any openly gay people. Now I must know 10 or 15 gay/bi guys + 5 lesbians + 20 bi girls.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I hate gay people. I think they should all be burned. Remember how Hitler burned up Jews because he just didn't like them? I just don't like FAGS! It's time to fire up the furnaces again!!!

Like .002% of men are gay. We know that the greatest leaders of all time were straight, just look at Civ 3. I hate people that think they are equal to us. They are evil and deserve to die like Arabs.
        Wrestling is real!

Comment

Odds are you probably do know someone who is gay; they just haven't told you.
          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

AS is still in high school, iirc. And it is likely that, teens being teens, he might not "know" any gay people because:

1. Gay teens aren't secure enough in their individuality to assert their sexuality.
            2. AS, being a normal teen, is too inexperienced and self-absorbed to recognize the subtle (and not so subtle) clues that someone is gay.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              It's very bizarre that you don't know anybody who's gay. Most of those that I know came out at some point during Uni; during high school I didn't know any openly gay people. Now I must know 10 or 15 gay/bi guys + 5 lesbians + 20 bi girls.
              Yep, me either. I knew literally 0 gay or bi people in high school, and now I'm in Uni and they're appearing all over the place. High school sucks like that.

Oh, BTW, red_jon isn't bi, he's 100% pure-bred homosexual.
              There's actually a bit more people aren't covered in your list but they don't want to come out publically (just yet).
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by King of Rasslin
                I hate gay people. I think they should all be burned. Remember how Hitler burned up Jews because he just didn't like them? I just don't like FAGS! It's time to fire up the furnaces again!!!

Like .002% of men are gay. We know that the greatest leaders of all time were straight, just look at Civ 3. I hate people that think they are equal to us. They are evil and deserve to die like Arabs.
                Well, I guess we won't be seeing much of you from now on.

Bye!!!

Comment

Hey King,

Until you get your head out of your nether regions, why don't you just go sit in the corner and repeat your insipid little statements for your own amusement out of earshot.
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                  "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Actually, in high school I was able to "recognise" two gay guys that later came out. The signs were pretty obvious. There's just something about a guy who wears purple-tinted contact lenses...
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

hmm... so you're saying that there's many people who i know who are secretly gay? damn plenty of my friends and people i know are always like if my friend became gay i wouldnt talk to him or "if a gay guy hit on me id bust a cap in his ****** ass..."
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        There's actually a bit more people aren't covered in your list but they don't want to come out publically (just yet).
                        Does one of them have a name that starts with a "G" and ends in an "o"?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

red_jon, bi? Sugar, he's gayer than me.

And more self-absorbed too, which is really impressive.

I know lots of gays and bi's, though I may have the odds stacked in my favour.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

damn plenty of my friends and people i know are always like if my friend became gay i wouldnt talk to him or "if a gay guy hit on me id bust a cap in his ****** ass..."
                            That's precisely why so many high school gays "stay in the closet".

It's really rather unfortunate that people turn a blind eye to personality once they find out that someone doesn't conform to their particular values.

Comment

You know, Steven King had a wonderful line about people like that:

"The ones who protested the loudest were those most afraid of having all the muscles in their wrist go limp at the slightest provocation."

or something along those lines...

Comment

Working...
                              X