Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resolved: All the world's problems are Europe's fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andyman:
    and what was done to the natives was nothing to what was done the the American Blacks till the 1960's (NINTEEN)

and look what the US did to the north american natives - wipped them out compltely. the British tried to stop this, hence the AAmerican war of independence.
    Is this an astounding display of historical ignorance, or are you just trying to be silly?
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Edit: Intentionally left blank
      Last edited by Zoid; February 11, 2002, 17:29.
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
        Stop flinging ancient muck about.
        There's plenty of fresh stuff out there.
        Always love apologists who attack and then claim it's all in the past.

Explain this, sweethart:

Anything for a Euro, eh?

Or maybe this is better:

Of course, we know France and the other EU countries have only the best of intentions.

Want more?

Here is Cuba, that little island paradise that Europe is so hot for the US to lay off of.

Unreasonable americans, eh?

Your page wasn't found. No worries, use the links on this page to find what you're looking for.

Would want to hurt Europe's commerse with little matters like Human Rights.

Hell, Iraq is full of nice people, so we should leave them be:

Wouldn't want to harm the buisness of you enlightened Euros with our "Cowboy" tactics.

How about Iran?
        Your hot to protect them from "Unfair US criticism":

How about the third partner in the Axis of evil, that those unilateral Yankees don't care for, North Korea:

Aern't they sweet?

Outside of Asian nations, there favorite trade patner is...Germany:

But Germany has no "interests" with them.

The whole case against the axis of evil is false, ancient history, and the facts prove it.

Still want to keep the "EU has clean hands and no hidden agendas" riff kimosabe?

The worlds problems are complex, and not all anyone's fault, least of all the USA's, so climb off the high horse sonny, your slip is showwing.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris62, don't quote Amnesty 'cause its gonna bite you in the backside.

Now I don't care much, but if look at some of the stories on this page the US doesn't come of too well either.

There's very few countries that Amnesty doesn't find something to b!tch about.

And I don't see why we should have the same enemies as the the US. OK we're in NATO but that doesn't mean we have to think the same. I personally think that Iran has been changing for the better, and that more Western contacts will only facilitate this process. As for the Iraq food for fuel thing: do you want to deny the iraqi people medical supplies? The best thing to do is to show that we still care about the people, eventhough we despise their leaders. It is not all guns and bombs...

Comment

There's very few countries that Amnesty doesn't find something to b!tch about.
            That's true.

I don't know if it makes a lot of sense to compare US and Europe when it comes to the issue of world problems. There can be no resolution here, too many bits of info and too many point of views. You could debate and argue all you like without really being able to show any concrete evidence that either Europe or USA should be blamed for most of world's problems. Two western countries with very similar ideologies and practical politics - who can you blame?...and these world problems aren't only caused by Europe and US. One might even suggest that Europe and US are just patching up other people's mistakes.
            "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
            - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

Chris: Predictable post. If you like I can give you dozens of links easily about American policies. Let's talk about the UN Treaty for Human Rights. The US didn't sign it, they refused to sign a Human Rights treaty. I wonder why.

Enough finger pointing for today though.

Just one small observation: Why are only a few countries criticising European foreign policies in the same way most of the world is criticising the US' policies? Must be a reason for that, I'll leave it to you to figure it out.

Of course, the average American reply will most likely be "". In other words, ignoring the whole subject.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Blame Finland! Evil, evil elven types.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I am from Greece. We were in no position to exploit anyone since 1442.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Beware. Sooner or later our American friends here will start blaming Greece for the killing of Socrates.

(and yes I know, that's well before 1442.)
                      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Always love apologists who attack and then claim it's all in the past.
                        Really? It's so annoying when people want to forgive and forget isn't it? Got to keep old wounds flowing haven't we?

Unreasonable americans, eh?
                        Please don't put words in my mouth.

Wouldn't want to harm the buisness of you enlightened Euros with our "Cowboy" tactics.
                        And again.

Still want to keep the "EU has clean hands and no hidden agendas" riff kimosabe?
                        And again. I never said that. The EU is a murky orgainisation with dodgy democratic credentials. However, despite this, it still has my support, for the time being.

The worlds problems are complex,
                        A cop-out. Are you suggesting that we should not strive to solve the worlds problems because they are too complicated for us?

and not all anyone's fault, least of all the USA's
                        I agree with the first part, which is just common sense. I agree with the second part as well, but because the USA is social-political construct, not a person.

Comment

I basically agree with Shai-Hulud. Anyways it's clear that Europeans have hand in Apolyton related to the USers. I think this coses some mild annoyance to the Americans who are not used being talked back to. But I must say they have been patient. Another grin

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                            Quit rhetoric-ing then.

And buy a dictionary.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Really? It's so annoying when people want to forgive and forget isn't it? Got to keep old wounds flowing haven't we?

Same as European gripes about American foreign policy.

Sorry, we'll give as good as we get (not in relation to any of your previous posts, but others) .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I can think of several European screw-ups in the past 50 years or so.

Lesse...there was the Invasion of the Sinai in the Fifties...

French Indochina Wars, of course.

Belgium engineering the assasination of the Congoese President.

France being just as skillful as the United States in "ignoring other countries opinions" and testing nukes in the South Pacific.

Of course, most of these actions were the last gasp of of dying Empires, who had already done their very best to run Africa and Asia into the ground.
                                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
                                X