Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resolved: All the world's problems are Europe's fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolved: All the world's problems are Europe's fault.

You know, it really only seems fair.

Every European with a computer seems to be quick to critize to United States, which is, of course, their perogative.

As this is my perogative.

The vast majority of thw World's problems are Europe's fault, simple as that.

Pakistan-India? Britain's fault.

The long state of dictatorships in Latin America? Spain's fault.

Long, bloody civil wars in sub-sahara Africa? Europe in General, Belgium in particular when the arbitrary drew up boundries with no regard to tribal areas.

Palestine? Britain's fault....they made too many promises they couldn't(or wouldn't) keep, and when it got to hot, they passed the buck to the UN.

Communist China? Wouldn't have happened were it not for European "Spheres of Infulence"

East Timor? Portugese incompetance, and Dutch mismanagment in Indonsia.

-----------

They fact is....it's all Europe's fault. All of it. Not America's. Sure, in the past 40 odd years we've made horrible mistakes, especially in regards to Latine America.

But that's all small potatos compared to Europe's screw-ups, which created the chaos of today.

Adios.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

True. I don't think you'll find any Euros here who will defend what happened during the colonial times.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
      True. I don't think you'll find any Euros here who will defend what happened during the colonial times.
      Well, I wouldn't expect them to. That would be like me trying to defend our recognization(sp) of Noriega in Panama...it's stupid to.

It just burns my Butt that many, many, Europeans seem to blame American because of her Foriegn Policy...while ignoring most of our foriegn policy is a reaction to the problems they caused.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Can't really argue with any of that.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Re: Resolved: All the world's problems are Europe's fault.

Originally posted by Lonestar
          You know, it really only seems fair.

Every European with a computer seems to be quick to critize to United States, which is, of course, their perogative.

As this is my perogative.

The vast majority of thw World's problems are Europe's fault, simple as that.

Pakistan-India? Britain's fault.
          Not really. Most of the problems stem from Hindu and Muslim refusal to work together - Kashmir is a case in point. The partition happened against British wishes but to ensure that independance happened.

The long state of dictatorships in Latin America? Spain's fault.
          Eh? How is spain responsible for events 100 years after South American independance?

Long, bloody civil wars in sub-sahara Africa? Europe in General, Belgium in particular when the arbitrary drew up boundries with no regard to tribal areas.
          For a poster from belgium to comment on.

Palestine? Britain's fault....they made too many promises they couldn't(or wouldn't) keep, and when it got to hot, they passed the buck to the UN.
          In fairness these isn't any way that anyone could have controlled the events in that region of the world. The Jews were determined thay would have their state. the Arabs were determined they wouldn't. Britain doesn't have the clout or prestige to solve the problem and America isn't interested in doing anything more than supporting the Jews. Ergo it makes sense for the UN to take charge.

Communist China? Wouldn't have happened were it not for European "Spheres of Infulence"
          Nonsense. Communism in China arose from the corruption of the existing government and the upheaval caused by the Japanese invasion.

East Timor? Portugese incompetance, and Dutch mismanagment in Indonsia.
          Indonesian refusal abetted by the US to comply with existing agreements.
          -----------

They fact is....it's all Europe's fault. All of it. Not America's. Sure, in the past 40 odd years we've made horrible mistakes, especially in regards to Latine America.

But that's all small potatos compared to Europe's screw-ups, which created the chaos of today.

Adios.
          Bull****
          (+1)

Comment

Dont forget Kuwait,Yugoslavia, Versaille, aparthied, afghanistan (if you consider Russia part of Europe) and Zimbabwe.

And the british monopolists/imperialists and the **** they did to native peoples.

related,
            Does anybody know why the spinning wheel is a symbol on the Indian flag?

Comment

Europe has made it's mistakes in the past, granted.

We created the US after all.

No seriously. Europe has made terrible mistakes, but I don't think we should be held accountable for what our distant ancestors did long before we were born.

That still leaves some more recent mistakes, but in that regard European nations aren't any worse than, say, China or the USA.

Furthermore, the US simply can't have caused as many problems as Europe, since it only exists for 200 years, and spend most of it's time building the country up.

Also, you use the term "Europe" way too broadly. Tell me the world problems caused by Luxembourgh or Sweden.

However, as said, this lies (mostly) in the distant past, while America's mistakes lie in the not distant past and are happening right this minute.

Though I deeply regret what my country, and my countries neighbours have done to the world in the centuries before I was born. All we can do now is try to heal those wounds, and make sure they won't happen again.
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Eh? How is spain responsible for events 100 years after South American independance?
                Zero-to-nil local, elected government. That's one area the USA can thank Britain for. :: tips hat to British posters ::
                Nonsense. Communism in China arose from the corruption of the existing government and the upheaval caused by the Japanese invasion.
                No, it rose because the peasentry were tired of the central government catering to European Interests. Inaddition, the Chinese red Army arose in the '20's, before the Japanese invasion.
                Indonesian refusal abetted by the US to comply with existing agreements.
                I was actually refering to the intial takeover by Indonesia, not the more recent events.
                Bull****
                Which is a common reaction when confronted with ugly truths.

Comment

It is ridiculous to ascribe blame to countries when in all cases there have been changes of government, and in most cases the people who made the decision are dead.

On a lighthearted note, though, Europe created America, the worlds biggest problem of all.

Comment

That said, Europe's mistakes lie in the past. America's mistakes are happinging right this minute. You can argue all you want about what Spain has done to the Aztecs, but it won't change a thing. Instead of doing that you can argue and protest over the recent American foreign policy. The past can't be changed, but the future is still undeterment (my believes though).
                    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

we accept your apology and await your gold payments

No but really..the answer to my question is in India during the 1920's-40's (recent, yes. ancestors no) it was illegal to make your own clothes. It was even illegal to make salt and grow tea unless you were liscensed and illegal to brew tea that you made

the result was British companys Raked in Huge profits and Taxes on inflated prices for goods from these people and paid them little in labor costs (who were very poor anyway).

Talk about exploiting the poor, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                        Europe has made it's mistakes in the past, granted.

We created the US after all.

No seriously. Europe has made terrible mistakes, but I don't think we should be held accountable for what our distant ancestors did long before we were born.

That still leaves some more recent mistakes, but in that regard European nations aren't any worse than, say, China or the USA.

Furthermore, the US simply can't have caused as many problems as Europe, since it only exists for 200 years, and spend most of it's time building the country up.
                        Well, we made some pretty big mistakes too. But personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, you use the term "Europe" way too broadly. Tell me the world problems caused by Luxembourgh or Sweden.

Good chocolate and expensive cars.

However, as said, this lies (mostly) in the distant past, while America's mistakes lie in the not distant past and are happening right this minute.

Disagree, almost everything bad that happened this century is a direct result of European Imperialism, and the Great European Civil War (act 1). We can toss in American stupidity for the Marcos in the Phillippines, and Noriega in Panama, and to a much lesser degree, Pinochet.

Though I deeply regret what my country, and my countries neighbours have done to the world in the centuries before I was born. All we can do now is try to heal those wounds, and make sure they won't happen again.
                        True, however over, it often seems as if Europe doesn't have the political will to do what needs doing. And, there is much critizing of the United States when (from our view) we do do what nbeeds doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                          That said, Europe's mistakes lie in the past. America's mistakes are happinging right this minute. You can argue all you want about what Spain has done to the Aztecs, but it won't change a thing. Instead of doing that you can argue and protest over the recent American foreign policy. The past can't be changed, but the future is still undeterment (my believes though).

No, you support Iran,a repressive regime

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

No, you support Iran,a repressive regime
                            And Cuba!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

And Cuba!

they seem to also have a thing with Saddam and Dae Jong..

tsk....tsk......

a mistake is a mistake. You shouldnt support people who starve there own citizens.

Comment

Working...
                              X