Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resolved: All the world's problems are Europe's fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now this is just plain trolling. Just because we don't want to blast a country back to the Stone Age doesn't mean we support them.

Guess who I voted as biggest troll?
    Last edited by Saint Marcus; February 11, 2002, 16:09.
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
      Ok, now this is just plain trolling. Just because we don't want to blast a country back to the Stone Age doesn't we support them.

Guess who I voted as biggest troll?

Its a shame. I think you would feel differently if you were a north korean peasant.

Comment

No but really..the answer to my question is in India during the 1920's-40's (recent, yes. ancestors no) it was illegal to make your own clothes. It was even illegal to make salt and grow tea unless you were liscensed and illegal to brew tea that you made
        The civil servants behind this are almost certainly dead.
        The governments behind the civil servants are changed, with a totally new membership, and new policies.
        Furthermore, the demographic makeup of Britain has changed, and so have attitudes of the population and the rulers.

Stop flinging ancient muck about.
        There's plenty of fresh stuff out there.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
          related,
          Does anybody know why the spinning wheel is a symbol on the Indian flag?
          Wheel of life. What goes down comes back up again, and what up goes back down again. Hindu symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
            Europe has made it's mistakes in the past, granted.

We created the US after all.
            Yeah, I think our greatest mistake was not leaving America to the Natives. And Britain sending the trouble makers over instead of beheading them in the tower. They shouldn´t have departed from a working tradition.
            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
              True. I don't think you'll find any Euros here who will defend what happened during the colonial times.
              Yes, I for one don´t put European imperialism over American. It´s equally bad.
              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Finger-pointing is sign that a problem will most likely not be resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tribune

Yeah, I think our greatest mistake was not leaving America to the Natives. And Britain sending the trouble makers over instead of beheading them in the tower. They shouldn´t have departed from a working tradition.
                  lol. like you did in S.America and africa!

Wheel of life. What goes down comes back up again, and what up goes back down again. Hindu symbol.

I dont know if thats true. But I watch a show on PBS about ghandi just yesterday. And it was put there as symbol of defiance. Ill find a link.

Comment

I dont know if thats true. But I watch a show on PBS about ghandi just yesterday. And it was put there as symbol of defiance. Ill find a link.
                    Seems like there are a couple of explanations. http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/in.html

The first one they name is the one you probably mean, the Gandhian wheel of self sufficiency, from Gandhi's insistence that the Indian people should be able take care of themselves.

The second one further down is the one I said. The Ashoka Chakra, or the wheel of progress. All about karma and that sort of thing.

Comment

what europe did up till 19th C is, for the time, not to harsh (when you consider britain aboloshied slavery in 1830, the first country to do so). and what was done to the natives was nothing to what was done the the American Blacks till the 1960's (NINTEEN)

and look what the US did to the north american natives - wipped them out compltely. the British tried to stop this, hence the AAmerican war of independence.
                      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

This is quite clever really. Even the things that are America's fault are Europe's fault.
                        Europeans ----emigrate----> America

So are all America's acheivements ours too?
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Can't we all just face facts?

Europe has caused problems in the past, and will continue to do so.
                          America has caused problems in the past, and will continue to do so.

These are, unfortunately, facts of life. Arguing about who's caused more problems is only going to create more problems. Both sides are to blame in some way or another.
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

What is this, really? Without Europe half of the world would live in Stone Age for all we know. The other cultures just didn't step out, develop superior technology and imperialist ideology. The fact is that Europe took over the world, the western culture has influenced mankind more than any other. You think world would be a better place if there hadn't been European imperialism at all? I believe that despite of all mistakes Europe has done the world is still better off with western way of life developed by Europe. Civilization as we know it is mostly western.
                            "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
                            - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

The point: All(read: most) of the world's advances are Europe's "fault" too
                              "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
                              - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

No, you support Iran,a repressive regime
                                And you support Israel...
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X