People Are Sick Bastards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DinoDoc

Spoken like someone who has never owned a pet in his entire life.
    I've never owned a pet, or more precisely a dog. (even though I imaginarily sent my «dog» to bite you Dinodoc ) And it's true that I regret it. I seem to have a minor case of kynophobia (afraid of dogs) that seems to run in the family tree for quite a few decades. But I absolutely love dogs and know a lot about them from reading. And I'm most certaintly going to get one.

The point is that they tormented a child in the most hideous way.

Our statements are ventings of our frustation and bewilderment. And damn right too to express them.

Comment

Hmmm---Genetic Kynophobia? Is there any Gypsie blood in you? People in southern Europe sicced [sp] their dogs on gypsies for nearly a millenium, so a fear of dogs would have been a selective advantage among gypsies.

I can think of more hideous ways to torment a child.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I can think of more hideous ways to torment a child.
        For instance, when I was a kid (maybe 10), some jackass teenagers made a prank call when I was home alone. They said that they had my mother, and if I didn't do exactly what they said that they would rape her. That was ****ing hilarious, I'm sure. I was bright enough at the time to realize that someone was yanking my chain, but it was still terrifying.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

At about the same age an un-named person took a .38 revolver, loaded it with one round, twirled the cylinder, put it to my temple and pulled the trigger. He did it over and over. I was restrained obviously.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hmmm---Genetic Kynophobia? Is there any Gypsie blood in you? People in southern Europe sicced [sp] their dogs on gypsies for nearly a millenium, so a fear of dogs would have been a selective advantage among gypsies.
            Gypsie blood? Not that I know of. But I have traced my family only 5 generations in the past so you never know. I don't think there exists a pure genetic kynophobia. It is more because my Grandma considered dogs «fithly», she has passed this to my mom too (which she also fears dogs but loves them) and she has passed it to me a little bit.

Funny thing is my Grandfather always had dogs (despite the reservations of my Grandmother I presume). One of these dogs always stood guard by my craddle in the garden when I was a baby and would bark to anyone who was approaching and was not direct family.

This dog would go each and every day to the bus station and wait for my mom and my aunt to come back from school and would accompany them back home. It knew the time EXACTLY and was ALWAYS there.

There was no fear of dogs back then in my family. But when my mom brought a little puppie home my grandma started saying that it was fithly and essentially made her give it back. And that's when kynophobia kicked in I think. My GrandMa always considered dogs to be «filthy» up to this day even though she is a great person in every other respect
            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 4, 2002, 13:26.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
              Maybe we should hang those little ****s, see how they like it.
              I agree. And all meat-eaters should be hung too.
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

I don't know who the hell you people think you are. These teenagers are obviously having serious mental or social problems, and probably didn't come from the sort of household most of you did. Maybe they weren't educated. Maybe they're a little insane. But they're just kids. And they attacked an animal. Oh my, off with their heads.

The fact that grown men like you people are wishing death on them for a mistake they made at such a young age is sick. You want to slaughter a disturbed human child just because he choked a pet? Newsflash people, it's ONLY AN ANIMAL. Think of the big picture for a second, then let loose the death threats.

They should be evaluated, and sentenced according to their crimes. Hate to break it to you, but killing a dog isn't that big a deal. The kids who did it need medical attention, not your petty revenge. It's sick if you think they can't be helped. Because they so easily can. Ruining all their lives is much much worse than killing a simple dog it's hard to imagine. Listen to yourselves for a second.

Ever done anything wrong as a kid, yin? MtG? Imran? Orange? Vel? Wombat? If you did, or if you came from a horrible home or had bad parents, I sure bet you wouldn't want people wishing you'd choke on a piece of plastic explosives or whatever. They need help, that's all this tragedy shows. Bunch of sick irrational bastards.

You should feel terrible and depressed over the condition of the kids that did this. Not angry. So god damn immature of all of you.
                I bet only one or two of them are into it, and rest are just going along for fear of looking like pussies.

But seriously, this is really disturbed. Next time it'll be mother screaming as these little monsters hang her baby for a larf. Time for a recreational holiday in correctional facility, methinks. I bet there are folks there that love their housepets.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  That's why we don't hang people anymore. (don't think any state still does it)
                  I looked this up recently while arguing with a friend. I though no state did either.
                  Legally speaking, it is still legal in just 3 states I think:
                  Delaware *
                  New Hampshire **
                  Washington ***

* Authorizes lethal injection for offenses after 6/13/86; those who committed offenses before that date may choose lethal injection or hanging.

** Authorizes hanging only if lethal injection cannot be given

*** Authorizes two (2) methods of execution
                  Also:
                  Executions since 1976 by Method

Lethal Injection
                  (Authorized in 35 States) 560
                  Electrocution
                  (10 States, favored in 3) 149
                  Gas Chamber*
                  (5 States) 11
                  Hanging*
                  (2 States) 3
                  Firing Squad*
                  (2 States) 2
                  Go'on, guess how many people have been executed in Texas this January alone

source
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

At about the same age an un-named person took a .38 revolver, loaded it with one round, twirled the cylinder, put it to my temple and pulled the trigger. He did it over and over. I was restrained obviously.
                    USA! USA!
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      A sub-officer of the army ordered some soldiers (dare you to believe it!) to...KILL the puppies!
                      Not unusual to establish a birth control on domestic animals, it is necessary evil thing. But nothing justify free cruaulty.

A person who act evil toward an animal, could act evil toward an human too.
                      Zobo Ze Warrior
                      --
                      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

The truly appropriate punishment should be a mandatory 5-year stint working for the Humane Society.
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior

Not unusual to establish a birth control on domestic animals, it is necessary evil thing. But nothing justify free cruaulty.

A person who act evil toward an animal, could act evil toward an human too.
                          He had an order from an officer higher than him to «take care of the problem of stray dogs in the military space».

To me, and to most, that should mean call the animal shelter organizations, give them clearance to enter and take care of the dogs.

I'm not sure if he has been dismissed from the army. I hope so.

The soldiers that beat him up were conscripts (military service is obligatory in Greece) and it is to their honor that they refused to obey that «order». And that they beat him up I don't know the consequences for them though.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                            Go'on, guess how many people have been executed in Texas this January alone
                            4..... We missed you.
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

4..... We missed you.
                              Looks like you were tired, this mounth...
                              Zobo Ze Warrior
                              --
                              Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Ah! I found something about that crime.

Brutal slaughter raises issue of army camp dogs

While both dog-killing officer and intervening soldier face jail sentences,military chiefs consider canine sterilisation programme

BY CORDELIA MADDEN

THE HACKING to death of eight newborn puppies and one adult dog by an army officer could ultimately prove positive for the hundreds of stray dogs that have made military camps throughout Greece their homes.

"This brutal act has brought to light the fate of many stray dogs frequenting military camps, and the Hellenic army is currently examining the idea of vaccinating and sterilising all of these animals," Lieutenant-Colonel Nicholaos Zahariadis, press officer of the Hellenic general staff, tells the Athens News on January 29.

"The army is considering the implementation of a sterilisation programme," adds Lieutenant-General Veterinarian Dimitris Hatzopoulos. "The army runs three professional veterinary hospitals around Greece, and at very little cost we could organise the neutering of these stray dogs."

The eight puppies were slaughtered by reserve officer Dimitris Tahas on August 30, 2001, at the army camp of Lagada, near Thessaloniki. In this vicious act, he beheaded the newborn puppies with an axe and then pursued an adult dog [possibly the mother, although reports are unconfirmed] with the same weapon, causing extensive injuries which resulted in its death two weeks later.

The carnage was witnessed by four soldiers, among them Vassilis Routsis, but no move was made to stop the officer at the time. However, later that day the subject was raised in the canteen, when Routsis demanded to know why Tahas had beheaded the puppies. In a skirmish that followed, it appears that blows were exchanged between officer and soldier, until the pair were separated by soldier Theodoris Andreou.

Tahas reported the incident to the camp commander, but omitted to mention the killing, which had sparked off Routsis' rage. The commander learnt the full story in an investigation, which resulted in officer Tahas receiving a punishment of 15 days extra military service (for neglecting to report the entire incident). The two soldiers were each given 20 days (for disrespecting a senior officer).

The case is now going to court, where Tahas will be tried for contravening law 1197/81 Protection of Animals, Article 1, paragraph 2, which states that "whoever kills, tortures, mistreats or abandons animals is punished under Article 8". The penalties for violation of this law are six months' imprisonment or fines of between 88 and 294 euros (30,000 and 100,000 drs).

Meanwhile, Routsis will be tried for using force against a superior officer, a crime which can carry a punishment of up to 10 years, especially if the prosecutor can extend the charge to inflicting grievous bodily harm to an officer.

"It is a travesty of justice that a man who committed such a barbaric act could escape with a fine while the one who attempted to demand justification for the slaughter is facing a possible 10 years in jail," says Effi Dodoura of Thessaloniki-based animal welfare society Argos.

The society's lawyer, Sotiris Babatzimopoulos, will defend Routsis at the trial, expected to be held within four months. By law, Babatzimopoulos himself is unable to comment on the case.

The unjustness of the possible sentences has caused widespread outrage in both the media and among the public. However, Lieutenant-Colonel Zahariadis is quick to point out that he doesn't believe a military court [in this case] could rule a stricter punishment for the soldier than the officer.

"Routsis' action was that of a humane person, and he should not suffer for it. The charge of being violent towards a superior officer," he continues, "allows for mitigating circumstances such as being under extreme psychological pressure."

Apart from the 500 or so official guard dogs which are kept on army grounds, enjoying medical care and food courtesy of the Hellenic army, an untold number of stray dogs congregate around military encampments in search of food, shelter and human company.

"There is no order concerning stray dogs on camps. Or whether they should be looked after or discouraged," Zahariadis says, "but there is an unwritten humane law to protect and care for animals wherever you find them."

However, "although our obligation extends only to the working military dogs, the 100-strong team of military veterinarians has also vaccinated, wormed and provided medical c are for many stray dogs living at army camps," Hatzopoulos says.

"Camps put forward requests and the local army vet provides all the medical care necessary."

Therefore, officer Tahas' defence for axing the puppies - namely that they were unvaccinated and therefore he was worried that they could spread disease - is sadly a poor excuse.

"If Tahas was really concerned about the unvaccinated state of the puppies or, indeed their mother, all he needed to do was to telephone the army vets and we would have gone to Lagada and vaccinated and wormed them all immediately," Hatzopoulos says.

ATHENS NEWS , 01/02/2002

In another incident of inconceivable cruelty that came to light this week, two English Setter dogs were discovered hanged near the village of Kato Vassilika, Farsala, northern Greece. It is believed that the animals were hanged alive as punishment for failing to retrieve a hunter's prey. They eventually died of starvation and thirst
                                Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 4, 2002, 15:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X