State of Siege Declared for Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saras

That is all fine, but that was not the point of my question - what does having an "infrastructure" have to do with being able to default and not be hurt in the future by it?
    Ugh? Default to who? The Argentinian taxpayers are the ones who lost there money. That shook up over sea's investors who then pulled out.

The Debt is almost all domestic. They shouldnt default. They should cut federal expenditure, and a way to end the recession. Pay back all the money you stole from argentinian people at a later date.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

Ugh? Default to who? The Argentinian taxpayers are the ones who lost there money. That shook up over sea's investors who then pulled out.

The Debt is almost all domestic. They shouldnt default. They should cut federal expenditure, and a way to end the recession. Pay back all the money you stole from argentinian people at a later date.
      Last I knew they had ~$90bn of foreign debt. Did that amount somehow change hands over a brief period of time?
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

faded glory, thanks. I hope I don't have to flee the country when I graduate from medical school either...

BTW, when are you going to continue with DotW?!

Comment

A Brief Argentina Update

The temporary president has changed one more time in Argentina. The new president declares that there is not one peso left to pay wages and pensions and is trying to get a new loan from the IMF. The peso will separate it's rate from the dollar and is about to lose 30-50% of it's value.

One really sad story is that of the armed roberry in a supermarket, in one Argentinian city, with a hostage situation. The bandits gained the favor of the public outside by handing out money and food to the people. However the police raided the palce and killed two of them in the night. This story made it to the Greek media (while almost no other news of Argentina were broadcasted, for obvious reasons) and is indicative of the dire situation the country is in.

If you ask me, I favor the bandits in this one...

There was a prison riot with 30 dead in Brasil too. Any news about that?
          "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
          George Orwell

Comment

A country full of food and the capability to make so much of it, yet people can't afford to buy. Ah, the functionality of capitalism
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"A country full of food and the capability to make so much of it, yet people can't afford to buy."

Welcome to South America...
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
              X