State of Siege Declared for Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Siege Declared for Argentina

This is definitely not good. I did a brief study up on Argentine history and this year is starting to resemble 1975. It could easily end up like 1976 where the military stepped in. Now that the State of Siege is declared the military can step in and crush these riots. But I feel bad for these people. They are smart, literate and jobless. What happened? Such a nice country... Former Junta Dictator Rafael Videla is 71, and is not in prision but is under house arrest. He is alive and well. I am sad to say that this could be another chance for these ex-Generals to take advantage of the situation, by getting the support of the military and unfornately the world is being distracted with the war against terror.

I hate my opinion right now, but it is becoming true. For the Argentine Posters here including Hodad: I wish you luck in the future ahead no matter what your political beliefs are.

News on this:
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Smart, literate, and jobless?
    That rings hauntingly familiar.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Smart, literate, and jobless?
      That rings hauntingly familiar.

Blame the Menem and De La Rua governments... De La Rua... I mean, what a idiot. Cavallo is the one running things around here. De La Rua has nothing to do with the country... he is just so... slow in acting.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Go to hell Giancarlo, you slander me on another forum and wish me luck here, you psycopathic schizo! fall in a ditch!

Comment

Is Argentina a third-world country?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Is Argentina a third-world country?
            Obviously. Did you doubt this for some reason?
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

the Government will fall within 2 weeks if this continues. I personally hope the military steps......the problem are prices. A simple price fix would calm the people down... If this keep's up, the radicalist left wing group's will come to power. (I think)

But consider the current problem in argentina is the government spent wayyyy to much.

Go to hell Giancarlo, you slander me on another forum and wish me luck here, you psycopathic schizo! fall in a ditch!
              Take it easy dude... Dont be such as ass.

Comment

While I should add i have nothing against anybody comign to power. two of three things will happen if somthing is not done

1)The Government will be overthrown
                2)Hyper-Inflation caused by looting.

The thing that needs to happen right now...is stability. Declare martial law asap...clear the streets. Do your work.

Comment

The people of Argentina are throwing off the yoke of 12 years of misery. The spontaneity of the protests of the night of Dec 19th into Dec 20th will go in the history books. The people are fed up! The government must be changed!

And if the military try and place a foot outside their barracks, the people will chase them back to blighty! The situation is untenable, hell already exists, change is needed, change in economic policy, and the people are decrying it in the streets. The whole population of the city and suburbs in Buenos Aires has been in the streets all night demanding the change, we have been ignored by the government for decades, we people shall makethemselves heard, even if the doors of hell are made to tremble!

Muerte a los traidores y vendepatrias! Viva el pueblo Argentino!

Comment

Pueblo shmueblo. Where was the pueblo when their Govt. was overspending?
                    Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                    Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                    Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

ASher, this is not a third world country. I lived in a third world country. This is one is classified as second world.

Alonso, I am wishing you luck because this teaches your country a lesson. Not to overspend on government and not let it grow pass the means of the governed.

This will not lead to some leftist idiot coming to power, because the leftists are already in power. They betrayed this country, so I predict Alonso is wrong and the military will come out of its barracks. The people could of acted before, forcing their leaders to change and to cut spending drastically like the Irish did when they were in trouble but they didn´t. Now they will receive the consquences of another military dictatorship which is imminent. A right-wing one like the last one.

Faded Glory, there is no hyperinflation. Only deflation. Despite this deflation there are no jobs for many people.

However, it seems to be calming a bit.

Alonso, I sure the hell have to worry about this. My country, Spain is at grave risk for your government´s **** ups. If there is a leftist communist government implace you cannot expect no help from Spain or Italy or even Brazil.

Comment

"Where was the pueblo when their Govt. was overspending?"

Precisely.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Alonso? I bet you don't know where that handle comes from
                          . And, if requested, Spain would always (read: always) help Argentina no matter what the sign of the government is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                            Alonso? I bet you don't know where that handle comes from
                            . And, if requested, Spain would always (read: always) help Argentina no matter what the sign of the government is.
                            I was refering to the Argentinian

And yes I do know where that handle is used... Awrence uses it at the Frontier. I just got use to calling him that.

Even if Spanish companies are seized if somebody like Venezuela´s Chavez comes to power? I am curious to know. He is a far leftist who has the poor and rich protesting against him.

Comment

Ok first off Gian......I said Hyper inflation would occur if this widespread looting continues. Making things much worse in the long run.

Secondly Arawence...What are the streets like? How do people feel? Is there a sense of lawlessness yet?

I agree about the military part. Only I think the military should depose the current regime in power.....and hold elections asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X