Why I Currently Hate My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starchild
    Fun fact: The nearest city to Barrow with a population larger than one million is Los Angelos. That's the equivalent of me, in England, having New York City as the largest nearby city.l

uhhmmm Vancouver ????
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Silly. Canadians mud huts don't count as real cities

That said, I think I may have gotten that fact from one of those American-centric websites.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

• Vancouver is only over a million if you count the entire metropolitan area rather than just the city proper.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• Still, isn't San Jose more than a million people? It's still for all practical purposes way the heck away though.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
          X