Why I Currently Hate My Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Currently Hate My Life

I cant get a job up here in Barrow so Im stuck with nothing to do 24/7. It has been this way for over a year now. (with the exception of two months last summer)

Without a job I have no money. Without money I am entirely reliant on other people for everything from food and clothing to getting my hair cut and renting movies(which I cant do anyway).

Without money I cannot leave Barrow unless someone else can spring me, like my mom, who sprung me out of here 2 days ago, well not really because my sister had to go and be pregnant and go into false-premature labor and be sent out of the village down to anchorage and now my mom says I should just wait until after my sister gives birth before going to NM with her which could be tomorrow or in two months. (or most likely wont happen, since its all code speak for "son I dont have the money to send you down here")

I cannot whore myself out to the military like I always wanted. I have medical problems that would prevent that, its just always been a dream of mine so I thought that maybe just maybe when I turn 18 it will all be magicaly ok and I wont have any further problems but nooooooo.

And no I havent gone to the Doc about it. The hospital up here has a horrible reputation and I wouldnt trust them to correctly diagnose a rash. I do however plan on visiting the doc down in NM, if I ever get there. If it is a fixable problem then maybe I can whore myself out. ( I doubt it though )

I have no drivers license, and I have no one who can teach me to drive.

And I have an overdue library book that I'll end up owing over $10 on, with no money to pay that off with I wont be able to check out anymore books.

So much for getting my GED and getting out of this **** hole early.

worst of all Im starting to give up.

On the plus side I just got over the flu, and am feeling much better.

How have you guys been?

Well I am sure you remember my escapades in the North of England where I had no joy with getting a decent job, and vowed to move to the South...well I have done so and have no regrets. So get out of there dammit! Oh wait, how old are you?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I may get some today.
      What?

Comment

how old are you?

18 smartass.

edit: it should be noted that I say smartass with all the love in my heart, it is in no way intended as an insult

Comment

There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Why don't you try Anchorage? It's certainly cheaper to go there than in New Mexico, and I bet Anchorage already provides jobs, quality doctors etc.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.
              Word.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Why don't you try Anchorage? It's certainly cheaper to go there than in New Mexico, and I bet Anchorage already provides jobs, quality doctors etc.

The only way down there is a $400 plane ticket. Not to mention I would have to get an apartment which would be another $500-$1000 just to move in.

I hate money, I think Im going to become a Communist.

Comment

Kidnap a rich man's daughter, wait for the Stockholm syndrome to set in, and move in with her in an igloo, living off hunding-gathering.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Build a mecha.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Doesn't the state government give Alaskans money periodically? Is there a payment coming?
                      Visit First Cultural Industries
                      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                        Well somebody needs to grow our food. Once we've got fully automated farms I'm with you Has this nice side benefit of getting rid of the breeding grounds of all those nasty right-wingers too
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          how old are you?

18 smartass.

edit: it should be noted that I say smartass with all the love in my heart, it is in no way intended as an insult
                          Well get out of there and go to somewhere decent...bye bye to all that ice and snow...
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Doesn't the state government give Alaskans money periodically? Is there a payment coming?

In October/November. Last year it was a little under $1000. Unfortunatly at the time I got it I owed half to my sister for rent and I spent the other half somehow. I wasnt thinking "Hmmm I might never get out of here", I was thinking more "Yay money, yay!".

Comment

Sorry to hear this Space, how things improve for you soon!
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                              X