No announcement yet.

Atari Sells Civilization Franchise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip, I'd like to add something, at least the reason *I* went to the CFC forum.

In 'Poly, for some reason every time I clicked on your link in your sig, it opened a new browser window (as usual) *with me logged out*, so I couldn't see the pics ... If I browse there naturally (through Poly forum links) it's fine, and any other sig link doesn't have that effect (including my own), and even your OTHER sig links didn't do that. But, it forced me to go to CFC as I didn't initially figure out the forum browsing thing worked ...

Also, I would expect a larger number of hits on CFC: much larger American population of civvers over there than here, and different browsing habits. Quite possibly multiple views, and definitely the american google bias
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
      It seems to me that perhaps Poly has an older generation of civvers, and CFC has a younger generation. And as part of the older generation, many have moved on to having real lives. Or they have become jaded or disinterested in the civ franchise.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• You should play with the language settings. Because I'm in France, I get lots of (crap) results in google. If I look at only English pages, then Civ 4 sports apolyton in 5th rank. If I allow all languages, I get lots of crap instead and not CFC nor poly to be seen.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Actually, I think it is various Google servers. I get Google Canada. Try as I might, I can't get google.us

I suppose I could if I set up some intermediate connection.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Either way, the Google thing's messed up. Googling for Civ4 should put both Apolyton and CFC near the top, regardless of location.

Anyway, the CFC thread is now up to a whopping 12,000 views with only 161 replies. That proportion is *way* off (even a lot 500-post topped threads don't get that many views) and I think I know why: in my Apolyton news item, I didn't actually post the screenshots themselves (as the news item seemd to be sort of a CFC exclusive): I linked to the forum thread (as linking to the images directly would be bandwidth theft). So that whopping number of views is not just from CFCers, but from every Apolytoner who read the news item here and wanted to know what the screenshots look like as well. And I wouldn't be surprised if Apolyton wasn't the only Civ site to link to the images like that.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Exactly. I linked to it too, from a couple of other places.

Comment

• I have google.com bookmarked, but I get redirected to google.se. I'm not in Sweden!

Apolyton is #3, between Bible Gateway and Guitar Tabs. No CFC, not on page 1 anyway.
                CSPA

Comment

• I'm not reading through 7 pages (50 posts/page):

So who bought it or do we know yet?
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• No, but there some very early screenshots availlable. ( at Apolyton !!! )
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• those screenshots look like crap
                      CSPA

Comment

• Saw them. Why in God's name would they allow such bad pre-alphas to be released?
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Edit: too late.

Well, the screenshots are gone now, so the laywers apparently agreed with you
                          Last edited by Locutus; December 4, 2004, 09:08.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by alva
                            No, but there some very early screenshots availlable. ( at Apolyton !!! )
                            actually they have been removed
                            CSPA

Comment

• well i hope they bring it upto date with current technology.
                              I want a full 3D engine and i want to be able to visit each of my people in their 3D civ world and see what they think of my leadership, and if they dont like it then i want to be able to waste them like in an FPS

I hope Activision has it.
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• This whole Poly vs. CFC discussion is inane... Both sites have their strenghts and weaknesses, and both are equally respected as civ communities. It is really a matter of personal preference.

But Apolyton is much better, of course.
                                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                                X