Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I demand the Gallonburger, 128 ounces of pure ground steakmeat

With a diet coke of course.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hardees
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        No, it really isn't.
        Hardees is what? In thebottom 5 of the top ten fast food chains?

Fries are a side.

Read Fast Food Nation- fries have always been the biggest seller at McD's.

Just because the patties are thin doesn't mean they are fat free.

4 ounces of beef with some fat is different from 9 ounces of beef with fat. The issue with these burgers are not that the meat is no lean- its the huge amount plus the bacon and cheese.

You, sir, have never had a good burger.
        Actually, I have. You just are nuts to think a patty of ground beef, even a top notch one, can be a pinnacle of good tasting food.

Comment

Gepap -

Don't eat it, then. I won't either, for that matter.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Those salads have more calories than most burgers in the end.

Good. I'm sick and tired of all this low-cal food anyway. Anywhere I turn, there's low-fat this, sugarfree that, and low-cal yon. One day they're gonna put aspartame in my pasta. It drives me insane!

The problem isn't plenty of calories, but people with the metabolic rates of granite.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              With a diet coke of course.
              You, sir, are evil.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Hardees is what? In thebottom 5 of the top ten fast food chains?

A niche market is being in the top 10 chains? And are we not counting the fact that BK sells a ton of Whoppers and McD's sells a ton of Big Macs?

Read Fast Food Nation- fries have always been the biggest seller at McD's.

I'll post it again, 'fries are a side'... so what? They are also probably less healthy than any burger they sell... that gives them their good taste.

The issue with these burgers are not that the meat is no lean- its the huge amount plus the bacon and cheese.

So don't eat it. Plenty of people will to make Hardees turn a profit.

Actually, I have. You just are nuts to think a patty of ground beef, even a top notch one, can be a pinnacle of good tasting food.

It seems like you really haven't had a good burger. If you've never had a craving for a thick, juicy burger then I shudder to think what you consider a 'good burger'.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

A niche market is being in the top 10 chains? And are we not counting the fact that BK sells a ton of Whoppers and McD's sells a ton of Big Macs?
                  As the article you yourself pointed out, those don;t come close to this monster. And even most Hardees customers won;t be having this monster.

I'll post it again, 'fries are a side'... so what? They are also probably less healthy than any burger they sell... that gives them their good taste.

Fries are not just a "side" I bet a lot of people buy some "healthy" item and a fries too. And yes, they used to be pretty unhealthy, as they were ocne cooked in beef tallow-but after lawsuits from vegetarians and hindus and so forth they now use vegetable oil.

So don't eat it. Plenty of people will to make Hardees turn a profit.

Since when is this a "don't eat it" issue? You claimed some imagined customer backlash against healthier food at fast food locals. Thats the arguement.

It seems like you really haven't had a good burger. If you've never had a craving for a thick, juicy burger then I shudder to think what you consider a 'good burger'.
                  Satisfying a craving is different from saying a burger is better than some real meal- of course when you have a craving something will taste good- that is not to say that if I have a craving for peanuts, I will claim good peanuts are the best food EVER....

Comment

I'm pissed at Hardees because they dropped fried chicken from the menu.

Comment

Popeyes pwnzz all other fast food fried chicken

to KFC! and Church's, and other wannabees

Comment

What a whimpish little burger

No, if you want a big burger, then try the "BUGGI dobbelt bacon-cheese" at http://www.densortegryde.dk if you ever come to denmark.

That thingie weight 1.8 Kilo (3.6 pound) and it doesn't cost more than 59 Kr ~ 7.4$. Sadly enough, they only have the price list - no pics, but then, you'll problably need a 21" screen to see it all

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Popeyes does rock.

Hardees chicken wasn't that bad. Better than KFC imo, far better than Church's, and that crap they sell at Bojangles doesn't even merit the name "chicken."

Comment

Bojangles?

That one never made it far, now did it?

Comment

Re: Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

I'll take two "to go". But please, hold the mayo. I'm watching my weight.
                              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Probably not.

Though they have some in NY, including Brooklyn, Staten Island, Hempstead, and Hampton Bays.

Comment

Working...
                                X