Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardees says Forget about the Diet Food Craze at Fast Food Restaurants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These "burgers" are just a reactionary commie attempt to undermine obvious consumer trends.

No, Hardees is selling its products great. The consumer trends point to a backlash from the health food crap of other fast food places!

1. BY that adminission you are NOT a typical fast food customer.

Of course I am. Hamburgers aren't the only fast food, GePap. Quiznos is a fast food place, KFC is a fast food place, Taco Bell, Subway, etc, etc.

2. For that much money you could go elsewhere and get a better tasting meal.

Better tasting? Nah. Those thickburgers are freaking wonderful!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      No, Hardees is selling its products great. The consumer trends point to a backlash from the health food crap of other fast food places!
      Any evidence for this? Retreachment amongst the big players in the field?

Of course I am. Hamburgers aren't the only fast food, GePap. Quiznos is a fast food place, KFC is a fast food place, Taco Bell, Subway, etc, etc.

Are you a loyal customer of any of them? With what frequency do you visit these places? And the "healthyness of each of these types is very different.

Better tasting? Nah. Those thickburgers are freaking wonderful!
      Maybe I am wrong to assume you have ever tasted a real meal?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Any evidence for this?

Well this is just for 1st Q of 2004 (haven't found other info).

CKE Restaurants (NYSE: CKR), which operates the Hardee's and Carl's Jr. chains, last night reported fiscal first-quarter financial results that should please investors. The company said same-store sales at both chains improved year-over-year, and profit margins improved despite the rising meat and cheese costs that other chains, such as Papa John's (Nasdaq: PZZA) and Bob Evans (Nasdaq: BOBE), have bemoaned.

Are you a loyal customer of any of them? With what frequency do you visit these places? And the "healthyness of each of these types is very different.

I'd say Quiznos sees me quite often. And yes, the healthyness is very different, but that doesn't mean they ain't fast food .

Maybe I am wrong to assume you have ever tasted a real meal?

'Real meals' can pale next to a nice hamburger . Maybe I'm wrong to assume you've ever tasted a Thickburger? Better than a vast majority of burgers on the backyard grill.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Where I am concerned, In n Out's burger own them all.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I was driving across I-90 in Ohio this past Sunday and stopped for lunch. The only choice was Hardee's. I wasn't enthused.

[digress] Back when I was a college lad (70s), Hardees had a rep as a low-rent Macdonalds -- burgers were smaller and cheaper. You went there when you had the craving but were pretty broke. As I usually was.
            [/digress]

So imagine my surprise when I walked in and found that the SMALLEST burger was 1/3-pound. AND that there were two BIGGER sizes on the menu.

Amazing.

I think the anti-diet vibe is a great marketing gimmick.
            The place was full of guilty-pleasure seekers.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

One day I'd like to try one of theirs .

Comment

Any evidence for this?

Well this is just for 1st Q of 2004 (haven't found other info).

CKE Restaurants (NYSE: CKR), which operates the Hardee's and Carl's Jr. chains, last night reported fiscal first-quarter financial results that should please investors. The company said same-store sales at both chains improved year-over-year, and profit margins improved despite the rising meat and cheese costs that other chains, such as Papa John's (Nasdaq: PZZA) and Bob Evans (Nasdaq: BOBE), have bemoaned.
                Since when do good profits for a mid-sized chain all of a sudden equal a massive consumer backlash? Whan McD's, BK, and Wendy's stop adding salads and one up themselves with heart-busting new offers, then you can talk.

I'd say Quiznos sees me quite often. And yes, the healthyness is very different, but that doesn't mean they ain't fast food .

Correct- so the point of fast food is not just high fat, as you claimed.

'Real meals' can pale next to a nice hamburger . Maybe I'm wrong to assume you've ever tasted a Thickburger? Better than a vast majority of burgers on the backyard grill.
                No, I have never had a "thickburger", since I have said, I do have some moderation every so often. Of course, I also eat Chicharron (deep fried pork skins, in Panama fried in Lard) or Lechon (slow roasted garlic infused pork.....), or fried pork with fried Yucca....YUM! (Thought I forget how religious you are and whether you ever have any pork products).

Comment

You could cut that burger into thirds and have three meals a day for $5.50.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Whan McD's, BK, and Wendy's stop adding salads and one up themselves with heart-busting new offers, then you can talk.

You mean when Wendy's discontinued their salad bars, stuff like that?

Hardees:
                    Going to a Fast Food joint for "healthy" food:
                    Going to a Fast Food joint for a salad:
                    Hardees:

Comment

jesus christ that thing is huge
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Since when do good profits for a mid-sized chain all of a sudden equal a massive consumer backlash? Whan McD's, BK, and Wendy's stop adding salads and one up themselves with heart-busting new offers, then you can talk.

It's just the start. Hardees is picking up the slack and soon the McD's will know they got to go back to those people. Their Big Mac, after all, is their best selling item.

Correct- so the point of fast food is not just high fat, as you claimed.

No, I said HAMBURGER places should be high fat and high carb when I want a burger. And I said they know what people want when they go to fast food places... and that is GOOD food, low fat burgers aren't as good.

Of course, I also eat Chicharron (deep fried pork skins, in Panama fried in Lard) or Lechon (slow roasted garlic infused pork.....), or fried pork with fried Yucca....YUM! (Thought I forget how religious you are and whether you ever have any pork products).

Yes, I have had pork, but a good juicy burger every once in a while... mmm... better than anything else out there.

Comment

Those salads have more calories than most burgers in the end. Plus, salads based on iceberg lettuce? UGGH

Comment

It's just the start. Hardees is picking up the slack and soon the McD's will know they got to go back to those people. Their Big Mac, after all, is their best selling item.
                            It's called a niche market. Oh, and Fries are McD's biggest seller, always have been.

No, I said HAMBURGER places should be high fat and high carb when I want a burger. And I said they know what people want when they go to fast food places... and that is GOOD food, low fat burgers aren't as good.

The taste of a hambuger is not based solely on fat content. Supposedly In an Out burgers are thin patties.

Yes, I have had pork, but a good juicy burger every once in a while... mmm... better than anything else out there.
                            You sir, are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              jesus christ that thing is huge
                              Makes you want to roll up a 'j' and tackle that thing eh?

I just love how In n Out's 4x4 cheeseburger (4 slices of cheese and 4 hamburger patties)'s price come out as 4.20
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It's called a niche market.

No, it really isn't.

Oh, and Fries are McD's biggest seller, always have been.

Fries are a side.

The taste of a hambuger is not based solely on fat content. Supposedly In an Out burgers are thin patties.

Just because the patties are thin doesn't mean they are fat free.

You sir, are nuts.

You, sir, have never had a good burger.

Comment

Working...
                                X