Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al-Queda: We Now Have One Nuke, and We are Going to Blow Up the Midwest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Queda: We Now Have One Nuke, and We are Going to Blow Up the Midwest!

Al Qaeda threatens to detonate Atomic Bomb in US

As a new and dire warning appeared from Al Qaeda, the Central Intelligence Agency has been thrown into what former senior CIA officials are describing as “turmoil” by the friction between newly appointed CIA Director Porter Goss and career CIA personnel, especially key senior officers.
    Meanwhile, a small Arabic-language website is reported to have posted what is believed to be a message from Al Qaeda to the effect that the organization possesses at least one nuclear weapon and is poised to detonate it in the center of the US. The report comes from the respected Italian news organization la Reppublica. It has been ignored by US media.

The ability to produce and enrich uranium to make nuclear bombs is no longer the prerogative of the world's "tyrannical crusaders", a statement signed by the the al-Qaeda terror network and published on a new Islamic 'Jihad Lion's Den Forum' website. "Our attempts to make small nuclear bombs with great potential for destruction have succeeded", said the statement, which its authors said was targeted at the American people. "Al-Qaeda will respond harshly to your refusal to heed sheikh Osama bin Laden's warning not to re-elect the foolish Bush in the presidential elections. We tell you that this refusal will bring Allah's divine wrath upon you. He will make you the the prime target of an attack that will strike at the heart of America", the statement continued.

The message begins with the 60th verse from the 'Al-Anfal' ['The Spoils of War] chapter of the Koran: "And prepare for them you Muslims all you can recruit of strength: armed forces and mounted troops to strike terror into the hearts and minds of Allah's enemy who is your enemy, and into the hearts and minds of others whom you do not know but Allah knows them. And remember that whatever you spend in divine service you shall be reimbursed and never shall you be wronged".

http://translate.google.com/translat...l&prev=/search The La Republica Link

Time will tell if this is just a bluff on their part. It sounds like the CIA is genuinely worried about it though.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

it's a bluff. If they had one they'd brag AFTER they use it. It's just a way to keep TSA scra,bling around harassing tourists.
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

monkspider, I have a nuke in my pants for you.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        monkspider, I have a nuke in my pants for you.

http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I can think of no greater way to galvanize pretty much the entire world against them than to detonate a nuke in America's breadbasket.

Hell, it would make the support the US got after 9/11 look like a pimple on the ass of a mosquito.

They probably don't care - religious fundies don't tend to be rational people, after all, but blowing off a nuke just isn't in their best interest. Hell, I probably wouldn't even object to torturing those responsible, once we caught them.

Which brings up an interesting point - what would be an appropriate punishment for those responsible? Crucifixion might be good, but I'm sure someone can come up with something better
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm not sure half of America would give a **** if Al Qaeda detonated a nuke in Kansas or Nebraska, let alone the rest of the world. We're all just a bunch of bigoted rednecks, remember? I'm sure a "they deserved it" meme would catch on pretty quick...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Idiocy for several reasons. As others mentioned, if it were true, nobody would issue a warning like this beforehand. And the choice of the target is completely moronic. First, because the midwest is thinly populated and a nuke here would do next to no damage. A nuke is a weapon of mass destruction, and a quite expensive one. Who would waste it in a region where are no masses to destroy? And second, they would never nuke the republican states, who are their friends, because they make sure the stream of new recruits does never abate. If they had a nuke indeed (which I doubt) and wanted to nuke the United States (which I also doubt), the target would be much more likely the dense populated blue states. Either New York again, or, which is even more likely, some city on the west coast, like SF or LA.

Comment

First, because the midwest is thinly populated and a nuke here would do next to no damage. A nuke is a weapon of mass destruction, and a quite expensive one. Who would waste it in a region where are no masses to destroy?

WTF are you talking about? Jesus, there are cities in the Midwest. Honest to god. Ever heard of a little town called Chicago?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I thought the Heart of America was somewhere in California...
                  This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    WTF are you talking about? Jesus, there are cities in the Midwest. Honest to god. Ever heard of a little town called Chicago?
                    Yea, there's an exception in every rule. But you are right, Chicago could be as good as a target as NY or LA.

Comment

There's a hell of a lot of "exceptions". St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Omaha, etc...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Again, you have a blue state there.

So given both points to be valid, Al Qaeda could be targetting Chicago.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                          There's a hell of a lot of "exceptions". St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Omaha, etc...
                          Too unimportant, too unspectacular to target for Al-Qaeda. Sorry, but "AQ nuked Minneapolis" doesn't carry as much of a message as "AQ nuked New York" or "AQ nuked Los Angeles". Or Chicago, I give you this one.

Comment

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were pretty unimportant cities in Japan before they got nuked. Nukes are spectacular in their own right; you don't need to hit a city that Europeans have heard of to get your message across.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Drake is right...
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X