Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secession: Has it become a reasonable idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley

Except that the US army sucks at urban warfare.
    Except that we have all the farmland, forests, water, and mineral wealth, and more than a little of the power generation capacity.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• All the water?

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Are you going to drink from Lake Michigan?

Comment

• Are you in Canada, or Jesusland?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Nevermind. Bad question.

However, Canada is certainly not short on fresh water, or forests, or minerals, or farmland, or power generation capacity.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
              Are you going to drink from Lake Michigan?
              Where does it get the fresh water from?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by St Leo
                Since I have nothing better to do with this time, I drew a crappier version of "Redistrict This".
                Funny... Illinois looks like democratic Florida here...
                Compare the shapes...
                it's like two continents once united that drift away
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

• You guys think small. Make each state indep, and you'll be one frikken huge voting bloc in the UNGA.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Even better, make each county independant
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                      I'd be up for joining the Commonwealth, at any rate.

-Arrian
                      Late you regret the folly you've done over 200 years ago. Now go and get all the tea back out of the water!

Comment

• Well, I was thinking of more of a takeover, actually...

Hey, Americans supposedly love the Queen, and this way we could have her. I'm sure the Brits would even send her over and let us keep her. My mother would be so pleased.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                          Nevermind. Bad question.

However, Canada is certainly not short on fresh water, or forests, or minerals, or farmland, or power generation capacity.
                          I'm assuming they're pulling a straight seccession, not the Canada / Jesusland dealie.

I mean, do you really want a sudden influx of 130+ million people who are likely still to the right of most Canadians, with American arrogence and aggressiveness, to boot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Where does it get the fresh water from?
                            Water leprachauns, they're closely related to the Electric leprachauns Californians think electricty comes from. No one has the heart to tell them electricity comes from electrical power plants.

Comment

• Hehe, even CNN is talking 'bout these secession talks.

On older woman who got interviewed about Bush's reelection:
                              "Well, I'm not moving but I'm sure cursing alot."
                              Last edited by alva; November 5, 2004, 13:18.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• and don't forget the natural gas leprachauns, though I suppose they're not as well known down in SoCal.
                                Visit First Cultural Industries
                                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X