Paging Ben Kenobi... wager's due!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try putting a shirt one one of them.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      Why is it not allowed, specifically?
      Unfortunately, I'm not a mind reader, so I have no clue why it was deemed unexceptable. (I can probably guess, but again, it would be speculation)

However, I will say again (as expected) that this is a private site. The owners make the rules. If they don't want it, then case closed. No explanation is required.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Would it be okay for a picture of two girls kissing? I'd be surprised if no-one's ever had one of them before...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
          Would it be okay for a picture of two girls kissing? I'd be surprised if no-one's ever had one of them before...
          I don't remember if anybody had... but I doubt that would be allowed either...
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Why is it not allowed, specifically?

That pic was allowed when were posting pictures a while ago. So long as the men were not kissing, or doing some sex act, it was deemed okay.

MrFun had a drawing of two men embracing for a long time has his avatar, no one seemed to complain.
            Especially as the site is owned by a Greek, that kind of stuff should be normal...

But if it were a heterosexual couple I bet it'd be ok. That's discrimination
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Note to self...

NEVER make bet with Boris.

Great Avatar...while it lasted.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Please please Owners let Ben keeps his new and shining avatar.
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Well, it all strikes me as arbitrary and with more than just a hint of bias. But dear leaders are dear leaders.

Too bad I'll have to replace his pic with an image of something he will likely find even more distasteful.
                  Attached Files
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Thank you Boris... I've made the change.

Frankly, I don't think there is any bias at all. If somebody created an avatar with a hetro couple all over each other in a sexually seuggestive manner, I don't think that would be allowed either.

Remember, they do consider this a family site, and don't even allow babe threads... plus, when they did, the guidelines were far stricter than many other sites.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

• I would allow anything, but then again that's just me I guess. (liberty, freedom)
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

In fact, even as late as 12 am PST, I had a chance in California.
                          Democrats have rigged California just as Republicans have rigged Texas. They'd have to get much more then 50% of the vote in order to win because voting districts are designed to divide up Republican areas and concentrate Democratic areas. Republicans would need around 55%-60% before they'd start winning the majority of voting districts.

At 45% of the vote though Bush did do unussually strong in California.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• He was showing surprisingly strong in California, which gave me a little bit of hope.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Too bad I'll have to replace his pic with an image of something he will likely find even more distasteful.
                              At least this is a civil ceremony.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• I think this is all just because I called it cruel and unusal punishment for someone like Ben in another thread.

The owners simply had no choice but to take action immediately.
                                I made my bed...

Comment

Working...
                                X