Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL United States Presidential Election Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ramo
    Since some people are getting excited over the meaningless, ridiculous, imaginary, demographic group such as cell phone owners when talking about voting patterns, I thought of several other ridiculous demographic groups:


    It might've been a better use of your time to consider why this statistic was brought up, than writing a nonsense rant.

    Cell phone-only users aren't polled. So most polls ignore this relatively significant, very pro-Kerry group.
    Asking MrFun to actually think about something is a bit much though, isn't it?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

    Comment


    • He believes that marriage is not a federal issue. What's so inconsistent about his position, a lot of this country feels similarly?
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

      Comment


      • I was saying that I think that, not saying it's objective fact.


        Why do you think that? Like I said, how do you know?

        I think he's pro gay marriage because of his vote against the DOMA.


        Why would that indicate anyone is in favor of gay marriage? The Senator could be against unconstitutional legislation.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

        Comment


        • I think the high early voter turn out for Kerry will be key. Not only are those votes locked in but Kerry is trying to get them to help turn out the vote tomorrow and to help car pool other Kerry voters to the poll. Add in the Democrates' advantage in big party voter turn out apparatus and I think we've found a winner. The Republicans have more loyal voters but the Democrates seem to be motivated far more then in any election since 1960 so I'm expecting a big turn out.
          Last edited by Dinner; November 2, 2004, 01:59.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

          Comment


          • Re Boris

            True, true.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

            Comment


            • That Rush Limbaugh article was exactly what I expected; he's playing Bush's game by trying to scare everybody. For me it comes down to trust and Bush has lied so much I just can't trust him.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

              Comment


              • This could be old here, but I haven't seen it mentioned even thought you people are pretty political bunch. Not that I've read everything.


                Pretty interesting, even the US has it 25 to 75 % there. What does that mean, if you are likely to find that site you'd rather vote Kerry?
                Now the people on the right here will without hesitatiton say "only the liberals have voted in that one!" Or they have cheated more etc...
                And the left will say it's proof of Kerrys ownage!

                So my guestion is, is that a good indicator of the views on the internet?

                Comment


                • Factors that will give Kerry a win:

                  1. College Students favor Kerry by a massive margin and will be voting in record numbers.

                  2. Cell-phone users favor Kerry and aren't on the national or local polls.

                  3. Record voter turnout always favors the Democrats because there are simply a lot more Democrats than Republicans.

                  4. The Democratic Party is working as hard as it can to leverage 1-3 and make sure everyone gets to the polls. Early Voting also helps get Democrats to the polls.

                  5. Undecided Voters typically Break for the Challenger

                  6. National Polls always underestimate the Challenger by 1 or more percentage points (and it can easily be 4% or more). Kerry is essentially tied or leading in most of the Swing States, 1-5 will should push him over the top.

                  Some indicators Kerry is winning:

                  Kerry is up on early voting/returns compared to Gore by about 4% or more.

                  -Drachasor
                  "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

                  Comment


                  • Moore's letter to conservatives:

                    To Decent Conservatives and Recovering Republicans:

                    In your heart of hearts you know Bush is a miserable failure. From having no plan on what to do in Iraq once he conquered Baghdad to the 380 missing tons of explosives that could be used to kill our brave young men and women, this guy doesn’t have a clue how to fight and win a war. You should see the mail I’ve been getting lately from our troops over there. They know how much the Iraqi people hate them. They are sitting ducks anytime they go out on the road. Many believe we are not that far away from a Tet-style offensive inside the Green Zone with hundreds of Americans and Brits killed.
                    Bush refused to go after and capture Osama bin Laden. He fought, every step of the way, the investigation into the 9/11 attacks. Who on earth would oppose such a thing? If 3,000 people died at your place of work and your boss said we don’t need to find out why or how it happened, he’d be thrown out on his ear. Bush’s behavior after this great tragedy alone is reason enough for his removal.
                    You already know that George W. Bush is the farthest thing from a conservative. He’s a reckless spender who has run up record-breaking deficits and the biggest debt in our history. He believes in having the government pry into everything from your library records to your bedroom. He has hit you with hidden taxes with his tax cuts for the rich.
                    I know many of you don’t like Bush, but are unsure of Kerry. Give the new guy a chance. He won’t raise your taxes (unless you are super-rich), he won’t take your hunting gun away, and he won’t make you visit France. He risked his life for you many years ago. He’s asking for the chance to do it again. Scott McConnell at The American Conservative magazine has endorsed him. What more do you need?
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

                    Comment


                    • Russian Federation John Kerry by 69% 177 996 15 % 84 %

                      Slavsya strana my gordimsya toboy!
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        I was saying that I think that, not saying it's objective fact.


                        Why do you think that? Like I said, how do you know?
                        He gave a very straight and clear answer in the third debate that he thinks homosexuality isn't a choice, but something people are born with. I think his answer there was the sort of answer that a pro gay marriage person would make.

                        He also has a very liberal record on other social issues.

                        Why would that indicate anyone is in favor of gay marriage? The Senator could be against unconstitutional legislation.

                        Didn't stop him from voting for the Patriot Act.


                        But anyway, the point is that this is something I merely suspect. I can't back it up that well.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                        Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                        Comment


                        • Oh, and he's also from a pretty pro-gay state. MA has a gay congressman and of course, it legalized gay marriage a little while ago.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

                          Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                            Russian Federation John Kerry by 69% 177 996 15 % 84 %

                            Slavsya strana my gordimsya toboy!
                            What he said.

                            Ted Striker - Russian Friendship Alliance
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

                            Comment


                            • The Russian people are one with Ted
                              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

                              Comment


                              • But anyway, the point is that this is something I merely suspect. I can't back it up that well.


                                So it's an emotional decision on your part is what you are saying?
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X