EU's "Exit from History" - a new meaning to the term "Old Europe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcat ha
    actually i can speak better dutch than turkish. i have more dutch friends than turkish. the dutch just never say i hate muslims out right but seceretly they are racist.
    Sounds like paranoia to me.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      Or is it even slightly possible that you haven't bothered to make enough effort to blend in?
      Why should they?

Comment

3: people will just fade away and has immigration drops(it is doing that here) the middle east will get more powerfull.

With what? Selling sand?
        The timeline we're talking about here, is past the the glory days of oil ( hopefully).

Why should they?

Why shouldn't they?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I feel sorry for Kuci's neighbours if that's his real attitude to entering a new society.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Till about 1700 the middle east was the most powerfull area in the world. eg: ottoman empire and the persian empire to the right of which i forgot the name.
            Let's just say that's not the consensus among professional historians.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

When we're talking about the EU, it's surely unfair to focus on the very worst countries with regards to population growth. Sure, Germany and Italy have wretched demographics, but the same is not true for the UK, France, Spain, which are at least stable.

And the EU has increased its population enormously by assimilating new countries. True, many of these countries have rotten population growth, but it's still an increase.

EU states don't have to limit immigration because of the difficulties of assimilating into a new culture, either. Large swathes of the world have European culture already. Is it possible for Spain, for example, to be 'swamped' by immigration from the Hispanic World, for example? I'd say no. Language and religion; it's a perfect match.

A lack of 'family' doesn't matter one bit. The sentimental notion of mum, dad and two kids is a relatively recent invention, and there are loads of other reproductive arrangements that are as good or better for spurring population growth. The governments of the EU should probably divert some of that pension cash to childcare; it would pay off in the long run. Sure, it's moving in the direction of children being raised entirely by the state, but I have no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                When we're talking about the EU, it's surely unfair to focus on the very worst countries with regards to population growth. Sure, Germany and Italy have wretched demographics, but the same is not true for the UK, France, Spain, which are at least stable.
                Ey? Last I heard, Spain had worse population growth than Germany.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

just like the majority of the historians believe that there was a genocide by turks on armenians.

Spain was powerfull but the real power was in the middle east. after 1700 or so it was equal till 1750 when west europe gained the upper hand.
                  F 14 tomcat fanatic

Comment

just like the majority of the historians believe that there was a genocide by turks on armenians.
                    And what's your opinion on this subject?
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

I'm sensing a revisionist here. But let's catapult any further discussion of that into another thread; it's got nothing to do with European demographic trends.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Why wouldn't they? It's a matter of Historical fact!
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Ey? Last I heard, Spain had worse population growth than Germany.
                            The CIA world factbook gives it a growth of 0.16%. Not much, but not in decline like Germany or Italy.

Comment

Turkey doesn't recognise it. In fact, it claims that Armenians massacred Turks. I've had an opportunity to read a passage in Turkish historical book. It was amazing.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

im reading a very interesting book about armenians. i`ll get the book right now. it tells about the stuff the armenians did and why did got removed from theire homes.

the book is called: Armenia secrets of a "chrisitian"terrorist state. written by Samuel A Weems
                                F 14 tomcat fanatic

Comment

Working...
                                X