Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberals Want to Ban the Bible!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Well, thank God they didn't reveal our plan to put of bible thumpers into trucks and ship them off to Nevada were we plan to exterminate them and turn them into Soylent Green to feed the hungry brown people.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
      No. All attempts to overturn the partial birth abortion ban have come because they want the inclusion of a 'health' clause that would be interpreted so broadly as to allow all partial birth abortions to be performed.
      But am I correct, or not, in saying that every ban on partial birth abortion has been overturned, generally because they lack an exception protecting the mother's health?

      Comment


      • #48
        Google News on abortion bomb clinic:



        Any questions?
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Ramo
          Why would the quote possibly be about abortion?
          It's not. But if you plug in Gore, kill, and babies -- all you get is abortion hits. Millions of them.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Admiral
            Both sides have their crazies. For every Avila, there's some republican nutcase who goes and blows up abortion clinics. This is a nonissue.
            Republican?
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

            Comment


            • #51
              Maybe there wouldn't be such a huge debate over abortion if your teens would actually be able to not get preggo every other week. Something to think about. Pre-emptive strike right there. If you are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to know about protection, failing that you should take the responsibility of your actions. While I'm not heavy on banning abortion, I feel in cases like rape, in case of a great chance the carrier ship getting in danger delivering etc, it should be possible, however, in most cases like most abortions are done, I would say they shouldn't do the abortion. I'm not going to go there and deny their chance doing it, but I feel if you are old enough to get pregnant, then you are old enough to have it too, because it's not a joke. But I'm not strong pro-life guy, and then again I'm not strong pro-choice either. Somewhere in the middle I guess.

              Say, I make someone pregnant, she better have that baby too. If it's up to me, there's not going to be an abortion, and if she don't want it, then I take it myself, and if she dont' want me with the package, then I'll just have to slap her around and be there anyway, it's not a choice she can make.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

              Comment


              • #52
                Now if we can get rid of the pledge completely, then we're getting somewhere.
                Yup, I don't like the idea of the state "asking" children to pledge allegiance to state and God, it seems paradoxical that we would legally prevent children from making many of their own decisions based on the notion of consent and then treat this foundation
                as if it is illogical when it comes to pushing religion.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Admiral, let's test your ability to reason. Is there anything wrong with the following:

                  All abortion bombers are Christian.
                  All Christians are Republican.
                  All abortion bombers are Republican.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Thank god not all Christians are republican.

                    How about this chain of logic.

                    All abortion bombers are nuts.
                    All republican party members are nuts.
                    Therefore:
                    All republican party members are potention abortion bombers.

                    Sounds good to me!
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by monolith94
                      Thank god not all Christians are republican.

                      How about this chain of logic.

                      All abortion bombers are nuts.
                      All republican party members are nuts.
                      Therefore:
                      All republican party members are potention abortion bombers.

                      Sounds good to me!
                      To make that really work logically, you would have to say that all nuts are Republicans.

                      Che once said that the Florida exclusion of 90k Florida felons from voting in 2000 cost Gore 90k votes.

                      Now, you figure out his logic, if you please.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Ned
                        Che once said that the Florida exclusion of 90k Florida felons from voting in 2000 cost Gore 90k votes.

                        Now, you figure out his logic, if you please.
                        They were in for document forgery.....

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Liberals Want to Ban the Bible!!!

                          Originally posted by Boshko
                          How despicable





                          How long do you think its going to be before this kind of Culture War idiocy comes back to bite the Republicans in the ass? It would be really nice to be able to at least consider a major party that isn't so largely composed of weenies as the Democrats

                          And this isn't some mailing on the part of some dumbass local candidate, this is the Republican National Committee.
                          There's a great article written by Mike Royko in 1973, that describes a RNC pamphlet mailed thru Jesse Helm's offices. It states that liberals want to teach to junior high kids that casual sex and cannibalism are okay; it turns out they based it entirely on one article in some magazine that said that when things get really bad for an Inuit tribe they resort to cannibalism and that that tribe was casual about sex.

                          So the repugs probably figure they can get another good 30 years before anyone notices.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by GhengisFarb

                            They were in for document forgery.....
                            Yeah, lots of people got on the felon list who weren't felons. Also the way the list was set up NO hispanics got on the felon list, and if you consider the way the Cuban-American community votes that is a very interesting fact...
                            Stop Quoting Ben

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Oh yeah, was the GOP claim that the Bible would be banned based on the pledge issue? God I hope not, that would mean the GOP believes the Bible gives them the right to coerce other people's children into pledging allegiance to their God... Oops, they are claiming that right and refusing to recognise it is tantamount to banning the Bible...

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Isn't a pledge a little out dated nowadays, well not so much outdated as I don't see the reason for it. Why does America have a pledge of alliegence?

                                Also if NZ politics ever gets as bad as American politics remind me to move to Europe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X