Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spinoff: disney, finding nemo anti-american?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pledge of Allegiance.

Do they still do this?? scared:
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
      Ned, you need help. You are seeing anti-American stuff everywhere. The turtle is a surfer dude, not a pothead (and how is pot "anti-American" anyways?). What about the glorification of alcohol. Alcohol is a more dangerous substance than marijuana. Are the beer companies in America (which are mostly right-wing) anti-American? What about Coors? They portray bar-hopping and binge drinking as "America's other pastime". Is that anti-American? You should email Pete Coors (a Republican running for Senate in Colorado) and tell him he's anti-American.

And I believe the portrayal of Americans in Spirit is accurate. Be mad at America for genocide and stealing the Indians land, not a movie for its dramatization of HISTORICAL FACTS. And try for a moment to have some empathy. Try to see the founding of America and subsequent expansion through the eyes of the Native Americans.
      Did you actually see it? The army sent platoons out for the sole purpose of shooting, not even capturing a wild horse. They wanted to punish it for escaping, I guess.

It was an absurdly bad movie, and yes, it was a little Anti-American.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
      X