Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spinoff: disney, finding nemo anti-american?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all you who truly believe that the turtle was nothing more than a "surfer dude" by the manner of his speech, you are ignoring those eyes which indicate an addled brain.

Since we cannot conduct a survey here, let's just drop it. I see a drug-addled hippie. You see a clear headed, bright eyed athlete (with addled eyes).
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• which still doesn't answer the other allegations:
      Where is the leftist propaganda?
      Where is the anti-americanism?
      How is Disney anti-american?
      B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Bambi
        In reality they have been no freinds to hunters between Bambi, Fox and the Hound, etc.

My Dad, who used to be a big hunter, wouldn't watch Disney films with the kids as a result. Always used to grumble a lot when we did.
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
          In reality they have been no freinds to hunters between Bambi, Fox and the Hound, etc.

My Dad, who used to be a big hunter, wouldn't watch Disney films with the kids as a result. Always used to grumble a lot when we did.
          That reminds me of something that I DO have a problem with in the "entertainment" industry. Too many shows today portray the parents as clueless twits that are constantly being out done by the clever children. Fathers are made to look like bumbling fools, the constant butt of jokes, more often than not in cartoons and sitcoms.

Honestly, I would rather that a cartoon/childrens show be subtly anti-American than have it undermining a child's respect for their parents.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Sophie to me after seeing Finding Nemo for the first time:

"Daddy, I wanna toke up. Please????"

Comment

• Well much as I love the show, you can look at "The Simpsons" as a prime example.

Doh!
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Ned, you need help. You are seeing anti-American stuff everywhere. The turtle is a surfer dude, not a pothead (and how is pot "anti-American" anyways?). What about the glorification of alcohol. Alcohol is a more dangerous substance than marijuana. Are the beer companies in America (which are mostly right-wing) anti-American? What about Coors? They portray bar-hopping and binge drinking as "America's other pastime". Is that anti-American? You should email Pete Coors (a Republican running for Senate in Colorado) and tell him he's anti-American.

And I believe the portrayal of Americans in Spirit is accurate. Be mad at America for genocide and stealing the Indians land, not a movie for its dramatization of HISTORICAL FACTS. And try for a moment to have some empathy. Try to see the founding of America and subsequent expansion through the eyes of the Native Americans.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                  Well much as I love the show, you can look at "The Simpsons" as a prime example.

Doh!
                  There are a bunch of examples on the Disney channel. I watch a show for a few minutes and there's silly old dad being a complete ass and earning the disrepect of his children. Roly Poly Ollie, Proud Family, Kim Possible, etc. etc. etc. Great message to send to children; thanks Disney.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
                    Sophie to me after seeing Finding Nemo for the first time:

"Daddy, I wanna toke up. Please????"
                    toke up?

Comment

toke up?
                      dammit you're in high school, you should know what that means!!!!!!!!

here's a hint....
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• They use that term in the movie?

Comment

They use that term in the movie?
                          nope
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• in fact, there's not a single mention of illegal substances in that movie.
                            B♭3

Comment

• Then WTF is a 2-year-old doing knowing what "toke up" means?

For that matter, how would a two-year-old even know about "toking up"?

Comment

• Kuciwalker:

joke:

Main Entry: 1joke
                                Pronunciation: 'jOk
                                Function: noun
                                Etymology: Latin jocus; perhaps akin to Old High German gehan to say, Sanskrit yAcati he asks
                                Date: 1670
                                1 a : something said or done to provoke laughter; especially : a brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist b (1) : the humorous or ridiculous element in something (2) : an instance of jesting

Comment

Working...
                                X