No announcement yet.

Bush bashes Tory leader!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you think it's ok to try and persuade people that the war you are trying to start is valid based on some extremely tenuous and unreliable intelligence you are passing off as fact?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

• I don't know if it's OK, as I don't really have enough information about what Bush & Blair knew to make that determination. It's certainly not unprecedented or surprising, though. When you're trying to sell something, you present the strongest case you possibly can and avoid weakening your case with qualifiers and contrary information. That's just the way it works.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Not in war, a matter of force and not choice. The fact that they needed to make the argument, nevermind how tenuous it is, demonstrated that they had a choice.
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• As an aside, when will Bush launch a verbal attack on a high ranking member of the church so we can have the thread "Bush Bashes Bishop"
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Not in war, a matter of force and not choice. The fact that they needed to make the argument, nevermind how tenuous it is, demonstrated that they had a choice.

War isn't a matter of choice?! What planet do you live on?
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hmmm.... I know, let's declare war on someone.

Seems like a choice to me, as opposed to having war declared on you and your existence under threat, which isn't the case, no matter how much you abuse the memory of 9/11 to further your own political ends.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

• That doesn't even make any sense...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It makes perfect sense. If you have war declared upon you, nukes, ships, wave after wave of soldiers determined to end your existence, you have the right to defend yourself proportionally to preserve said existence. Thereby, you exercise the choice, live or die, which isn't much of a choice.

Where a situation exists where the choice results in you living either way, (or even less of you due to the war itself) you decide whether or not to declare that war, more a frivolity than a matter of necessity.

As for 9/11, I was anticipating the "we'll be suicide bombed into oblivion" BS that has often been the basis for the argument "we are at war, our survival is threatened by the terrorists"; equally BS since firstly it is woefully inaccurate and secondly does not even on its own merits justify a disproportionate response.

Comment

• KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Drake's on drugs

Comment

• No, I'm psychotic. Get it straight...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Then you should be on drugs

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                            Shouldn't leaders be worried about worst-case scenarios?
                            Why isn't Bush ****ting his pants over global warming then? Let alone presenting it as undeniable fact?

Oh, right.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Dauphin, if Bush wanted to do something about Global warming, he would simply have to cut the oil supplies to India and China.
                              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• If he wanted to do something that would actually work, he would cut oil production and imports from Saudi to 0.

Comment

Working...
                                X