This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's far too complicated.

Personally, I'd rather have it be like Football...3 winners, 3 wildcards, 2 top teams have a bye...then again, the postseason would probably end up running through mid-November.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• That means suck it up your whiner . Under the old playoffs, you fellas would be gearing up to play golf. So you'll go on the road and you'll like it
      under the old playoffs, we woulda won the AL seeing how our record against teams whose record is above .500 is like 55- 40 and the yankees play under .500 against teams with winning records. both teams woulda seen less O's, J's and Rays and more A's, Twins and Halos.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Since you brought up the wild card... any ideas on how to replace it?
        Keep the three divisions (too many teams to go back to two) and give the #1 team a bye.

No interleague play.

As long as the abomination of the DH is around, interleague play just further messes us the league competition.

Personally, I'd rather have it be like Football...3 winners, 3 wildcards, 2 top teams have a bye

Bah, the only reason football has it because 16 games is too short to play everyone in the league. 162 games will get you all the games you need against league teams (just NL or just AL). And all those games played should MEAN something, so a team that finishes 2nd in a division shouldn't win the championship over a team that wins it.

Oh and bring back the AL and NL presidents. None of this combining leagues ****.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• under the old playoffs, we woulda won the AL seeing how our record against teams whose record is above .500 is like 55- 40 and the yankees play under .500 against teams with winning records.

Bull. You know the Yankees would have found a way to beat you. They always do .

Btw, both the Red Sox AND Yanks play the O's, J's, and Rays the same amount. As well as everyone else (except interleague). Are you saying the Sox suck that bad against teams below .500? And the A's, Twins, and Angels would be in the West, and thus they really wouldn't play them that much more at all.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Btw, LOA:

ESPN.com breaks things down by division to give you the 2024 MLB Standings Grid.

NYY was:
            4-5 vs. ANA
            4-2 vs. MIN
            7-2 vs. OAK

14-5 vs. BAL
            15-4 vs. TAM
            11-7 vs. TOR

--------

BOS was:
            5-4 vs. ANA
            2-4 vs. MIN
            8-1 vs. OAK

9-9 vs. BAL
            14-5 vs. TAM
            14-5 vs. TOR

Frankly I don't see that much of a difference.

Comment

• Bull. You know the Yankees would have found a way to beat you. They always do
              WRONG AGAIN!!!!!! nobody beats the sox, they beat themselves.

Btw, both the Red Sox AND Yanks play the O's, J's, and Rays the same amount. As well as everyone else (except interleague). Are you saying the Sox suck that bad against teams below .500?
              thats right, i am saying. Sox beat teams with loosing records around a .660 pace. yanks beat them at a .700 pace.

twins would be in the east, and with no interleague play, there would be more interconference play
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• nobody beats the sox

LOL! No, a lot of people beat the Sox.

twins would be in the east

Actually, under the old system, Minnesota was in the West.

Btw, look at the stats I just posted about the teams you claimed would make a difference .

Comment

• btw, you missed yanks vs. sox record. also, these are final records, not the records the teams had at the time of play, also you dont include a lot of the games.

Comment

• btw, i just did

Comment

• you missed yanks vs. sox record.

The Sox won the season series... 11-8 (not that big a deal). It's on the link

also, these are final records, not the records the teams had at the time of play

So? That means jack.

Btw, when you say that the Red Sox had so and so a record against teams over .500 are you counting final statistics or if they were .500 at the time the Sox played them? I doubt it was the latter, so don't pull that BS with me.

also you dont include a lot of the games.

Because those were the 6 teams you mentioned that would make a difference. The stats show they wouldn't.

Comment

• I doubt it was the latter, so don't pull that BS with me.
                        im sure it was the latter.

anaheim abused their rotation getting into the playoffs, and their game 1 starter is washburn, game 2 is colon on three days rest. :wow:

Comment

• im sure it was the latter.

No, I seriously doubt it was. Those stats are VERY intensive and people don't really bother because of the effort of calculating the number of wins against teams that were above .500 at the TIME of the game rather than at the end of the year.

And you said the Red Sox record against teams whose record is above .500. That means presently, not at the time.

---

Oh, I think it's : eek :

Like .

Yeah, just be glad you don't get the Twins in a 5 game series. Perhaps it was a good thing you didn't win the division .

Comment

• I concur. Angels and Yankees I'm OK with. Santana...
                            oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• God, if only we had one three or four more games, over the course of the whole year... :shakeshead:
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

• Yay Tanyon Sturtze. Seriously, Torre has Quantrill AND El Duque at his disposal, and Sturtze is the first man out of the bullpen after Rivera?
                                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X