Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF was Bellhorn THINKING?! To get thrown out by the catcher after a ball because he was too far off SECOND with the ****ing BASES LOADED?!

Only the Red Sox...only the Red Sox
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• VARITEEEEEEK!!! WOOOOO!
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

• YOU LIKE THAT? TEHRES A LOT MORE OF THAT WHERE IT CAME FROM. MANNY FEST DESTIY, ORLANDO MAGIC SEALS TEH DEAL.

too bad im broke or i woulda gone to one of those game, its only an hour north.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• After last night it doesn't really make sense to think Bobby Cox should be NL manager of the year over Phil Garner.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Ah, much better. All is right with the world again. Until, of course, Kevin Brown implodes spectacularly in the Metrodome. When he gets the ball up, he gets hammered. When he keeps it down, the other side hits gound balls. Ground balls, in the Metrodome, with relatively speedy batters and relatively old mediocre fielders...

Still, at least they're not going in down 0-2.

I really thought Pedro was gonna cave in last night. I went to bed when the game was 3-1 Angels, right after Garret Anderson destroyed a pitch from Pedro, but it went right to Kevin Millar for a line-drive double play. I guess he finally decided to be Pedro again, huh?

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
              After last night it doesn't really make sense to think Bobby Cox should be NL manager of the year over Phil Garner.
              Um... awards are based on the regular season, not the playoffs. To take a team with that rotation to 90+ wins is utterly amazing. Their 'aces' being Jared Wright and Mike Hampton.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, Bobby Cox deserves that award. Phil Garner inherited a badly underachieving team which finally got its **** together. Maybe it was because of him, maybe not. But the sample size is a little small, and Phil hasn't done **** before, IIRC.

The Braves were supposed to be also-rans this year, finishing 3rd behind the Phils and Marlins. Oops. Reports of the Braves' demise appear to have been exaggerated.

Their 'aces' being Jared Wright and Mike Hampton.
                Leo Mazzone for the Hall of Fame. I mean, seriously. I have to wonder what a guy like him could've done with the material the Yankees have.

Of course, it appears that Jared Wright might be turning back into an onion now that the clock has struct October...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• It was only one game (though you wonder if he'll get to pitch in this series again). He has had experience in the postseason before (with Cleveland).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• And how did he do then? Honestly, I can't recall. That must've been in 1999, when they went up 2-0 on the Red Sox and then lost 3 straight (with the injured Pedro coming in and pitching 6 innings of no-hit ball with a fastball that maybe hit 88mph and an assortment of junkn to clinch the final game).

-Arrian

Comment

• I really thought Pedro was gonna cave in last night. I went to bed when the game was 3-1 Angels, right after Garret Anderson destroyed a pitch from Pedro, but it went right to Kevin Millar for a line-drive double play. I guess he finally decided to be Pedro again, huh?
                      yeah it was shaky there for a while. but we've beaten the anaheim bullpen these last two games, getting like 8 ER off of them. and weve got 5 unearned runs against them. you cant win when your bullpen and defense leave ya.

and the yanks better be careful, they scored nearly all their runs on homers. traditionally, home run hitting teams dont win. you need to manufacture.
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• I'm excited to see the Yankee Killer, Bronson Arroyo, tomorrow night. If he wins, and the Yanks-Twins series goes to four or five, we'd get to have Schilling-Pedro-Arroyo again against (hopefully) the Yankees for the first 3 games. I like those odds.
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• id rather have last years yankee killer, little timmy wakefield.

Comment

• And how did he do then?

Well he was the starting pitcher in Game 7 of the 1997 World Series. The best pitcher for the Indians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Um... awards are based on the regular season, not the playoffs. To take a team with that rotation to 90+ wins is utterly amazing. Their 'aces' being Jared Wright and Mike Hampton.
                              Astros won 90+ when Mike Hampton was their ace.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Yeah that was years ago! If you think the Mike Hampton that went 22-4 (Hell, even the Hampton that pitched for the Mets in 2000) was the same Mike Hampton as now, battle scared after pitching for Colorado, then you are either drinking some strong kool-aid or have your head up your ass .

Comment

Working...
                                X