Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it doesnt matter who we will match up with. we have the highest scoring offense in the league and the best rotation, and the best postseason bullpen. we will win.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Well that Cards do have the best player in the playoffs, and sometimes one great player can make a difference .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        The only reason the Braves won it was because they had a former Astro pitching.

Is that also the reason that Houston hasn't won a single playoff series in their history... because when Houston pitchers pitch for Houston they suck in the postseason?
        No, in previous series it was the fault of Bagwell and Biggio.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          it doesnt matter who we will match up with. we have the highest scoring offense in the league and the best rotation, and the best postseason bullpen. we will win.
          And yet you guys did not even win your division...that says something. The Red Sox won the season series with the Yankees last year-and we all know what happened last year.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• we didnt win the season series with the yanks last year- and we all know what will happen this year.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Your hopes and dreams will come crashing down in dramatic fashion as the Sox blow it?

Yes, we are very aware that that is coming..it happens quite a lot, in fact, I think there is a 85 year history of it.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Your hopes and dreams will come crashing down in dramatic fashion as the Sox blow it?
                nope. the man who started the last nite of the yankee dynasty is back to end it once and for all (curt schilling.) he showed everyone that the yanks can be beaten and he did it. now hes back to utterly crush them and he will do it, in dramatic fashion (maybe even don Larson style)

your DH is Kenny Lofton (what a joke), your 7 - 9 hitters are 3 easy outs, in other words you are playing with 7 - 9 less outs than the sox. plus no el ducky (whos come up with a lame duck arm), a scared brown who already has brown stains in his pants from the last shelling at the hands of the sox, plus a moose who cant compete with our big game lineup. jon lieber, a number 3/4 pitcher in any other lineup is your number 2 guy.

its all over. were gonna win. and once again the evil empire will fail, because the sox truly are amiercas team.

Comment

• Manny to Yanks: Dont worry, we're on our way.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The official website of the Boston Red Sox with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

what a load of crap. this guy doesnt even compare starting pitching in his equation, and gives the bench edge to the yanks. Thats hillarious. our bench has two gold glovers, plus more speed than you can shake a stick at, plus backup 2nd basemen, backup 1st baseman, and a backup catcher who are all better than the yanks, plus a backup outfielder who can play all three positioins who is better than any of the yanks backup outfielders (do they even have one?) and a backup third basemen who batted over 280 this year.

plus his catcher analysis is crap. if captain america gets the nod cuz of his leadership, the so should varitek, who not only was a better offensive player than posada, but also a better defensive one. plus hes not afraid to get into collisions at the plate, unlike posada whos saving his face to make millions off of it when his career is over (which is very soon)

Comment

• you better hope there's a curse cuz otherwise you arnt winning this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Well that Cards do have the best player in the playoffs, and sometimes one great player can make a difference .
                        Yes, one great player can make a difference. But enough to combat 2 MVP candidates, a Cy Young candidate, and 3 Gold Glove winners?
                        "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                        ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Hey guys, i have 10 authentic baseballs used in the 1994 world series. ill sell them to you for $100. PM me if youre interested.

Comment

• DanSed, cause LoA didn't play along
                            Last edited by The Emperor Fabulous; October 11, 2004, 21:18.
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• nah, that was 1918.

Comment

• Astros won...not really a surprise to anyone of course.
                                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                                X