Who owns Hans Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I remember the good old days, when if you quoted somebody and editted the quote they would realise that you had done so, and ask themselves why.

If it turned out that only two words needed to be editted and the quote would serve equally well as an argument for the other side then they would retire to reconsider their position, and perhaps comes tto the conclusion that it was untenable.
    Those days are over.

Comment

I would never want to pretend to be an American. I can understand why an American would want to pretend to be a Canadian, but it still annoys me a little bit. Sort of like those American backpackers who sew Canadian flags on their stuff so that people won't dislike them.
      That time of the month? Old lady won't give you any? or just bored?
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Shhh, Spray. I'm having fun.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I would never want to pretend to be an American. I can understand why an American would want to pretend to be a Canadian, but it still annoys me a little bit. Sort of like those American backpackers who sew Canadian flags on their stuff so that people won't dislike them.
          You think thats why I have a Canadian flag in my local field? So I won't get flamed by non-Americans? As I said, I have a Canadian flag up because I live in Canada, pay Canadian taxes, make Canadian money, have a Canadian girlfriend, and pretty much live, breath and experience Canada on a daily basis. Not difficult seeing as I, well, live in Canada. Unlike you I might add.

When and if I leave Canada, I will change my flag accordingly. But until then I will remain unapologetically an American-Canadian, and take on any opinion I choose.

Comment

• DP
            Last edited by JimmyCracksCorn; August 14, 2004, 18:28.

Comment

• I must have hit a nerve if you DPed.

Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• TP

Comment

• There there. You really don't have to continue posting it, sugar.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Don't know what happened, Apolyton went down for a while there for me. Didn't think it posted in the first place, let alone twice before.

Comment

• That's okay. We're all sensitive about certain things.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

You think thats why I have a Canadian flag in my local field? So I won't get flamed by non-Americans? As I said, I have a Canadian flag up because I live in Canada, pay Canadian taxes, make Canadian money, have a Canadian girlfriend, and pretty much live, breath and experience Canada on a daily basis. Not difficult seeing as I, well, live in Canada. Unlike you I might add.

Is it legal up there to make Canadian money?
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Funny you should mention that.

There's been a large increase in counterfeiting recently.

Hmmmm....
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• That's okay. We're all sensitive about certain things.
                            Yeah, because everyday my Canadianess is questioned. Only my close friends know I'm American, random acquaintences have no idea, because I'm not the type of person to flaunt my nationality. Just like I'm sure every Marylander goes "whoa, look at that Canadian!" wherever you go.

But seriously Krazy, you haven't even made an argument yet. What side of the issue do you stand on? And do you realize what you've suggested flies in the face of what the Canadian Government actually has planned for handling the region?

But I guess you wouldn't, since you don't live in Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Yeah, because everyday my Canadianess is questioned
                              How can something nonexistent be questioned?
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• And do you realize what you've suggested flies in the face of what the Canadian Government actually has planned for handling the region?

But I guess you wouldn't, since you don't live in Canada.

Given that I have been eligible (and have) voted in two federal elections, including the most recent one I have much more responsibility for taking decisions on this issue than you do.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X