• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Kerry: Unfit For Command

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 03, 2004 21:35:02 ET XXXXX

ANTI-KERRY VETS GATHER FOR ASSAULT; BOOK CLAIMS KERRY WAR 'FABRICATIONS'

**Exclusive**

A veterans group seeking to deeply discredit Democrat John Kerry's military service will charge in the new bombshell book UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

All three of Kerry's Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization.

A "fanny wound" was the highlight of Kerry's much touted "no man left behind" Bronze Star.

Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report on the incident.

Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter.

Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go -- becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.

The Kerry campaign is planning to vigorously counter the charges and will accuse the veteran's groups of being well-financed by a top Bush donor from Texas, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"They hired a goddamn private investigator to dig up trash!" charged a top Kerry adviser traveling with the senator late Tuesday. "This is pay for play, and the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played on a candidate for the presidency. How low can they go?"

Kerry supporters are comparing the effort by the veterans to the Arkansas State troopers tell-all against Bill Clinton.

UNFIT FOR COMMAND will not be released until August 15.

The names. The details. All on the record.

Beginning tomorrow, the DRUDGE REPORT will break the embargo.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Filed By Matt Drudge
    Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
    http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
    (c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
    Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Buckle up, kids -- it's gonna be a hell of a ride.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

hey, at least he fought in the war. And saved a fellow soldier. Everything else is just semantics.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

There's nothing there, just some people who didn't particularly like Kerry, and are trying to hurt his chances. I don't think it will hurt Kerry at all.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go -- becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Interesting twist on the "three easy PH" story, isn't it?

Comment

bush was unfit commanding a beer bong. they are just fighting fire with fire at this point. really makes politics look like schoolyard fueding
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

How cares about the purple hearts. The fact remains, he served IN vietnam and fought. Everything else, semantics.

The fact is that Bush can't say the same. He has said to be in war. Now I don't see a huge uprising against that right now. Someone digs up some dirt on the service of Kerry, which is not even confirmed yet, and it somehow is a big deal.

Fact is: Kerry served, Bush didn't.

If I were on the Bush team (I'm not on anyones team btw), I wouldn't have allowed this move. Why? BEcause it will backfire on them. YOu want to start comparing military records? And Bush lied also about his military career. Kerry hasn't blatantly lied, hey if he got self inflicted wounds, then he got them. So what? So he is boosting up the story a bit, so what? He still saved his fellow soldier and actually fought in the freaking war. That tells me a lot more about the man than Bush.

WHat I think is that Bush team swallowed the trap. In Kerry's speach, he said that he hopes they cna do a positive race, and that it won't go to this level. And it went to this level. Now it will backfire on them, because Kerry gets the higher grounds by default. Huge mistake IMO. In Bush's website, it's not a BUsgh website. It's a Kerry hating website. Kerry's site is Kerry site. It tells me a lot more about Bush than Kerry, to see his website.

They have lowered themselves to mud throwing people, who don't fight the issues, but do these kind of stunts, which make sme believe their campagn isn't looking too good.

What a shame.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                They have lowered themselves to mud throwing people, who don't fight the issues, but do these kind of stunts, which make sme believe their campagn isn't looking too good.
                Err, the entire campaign was pure mud-flinging. Actually, the whole political climate in the US consists entirely of mud flinging since about the Lewinsky affair.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Far longer than that.

Comment

This is because politics in the US has for far too long been based on things like "character".

I don't want to know your ****ing character; I want to know your platform.

Is it any wonder that less than half of them vote?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, going buy the way the book looks, I would be suprised if that's a unbiased, orderly account for mr. Kerry's military career,

Obviously, there's no point in filling up air-time and newspaper columns with information and facts about the issues the election ought to be about.

Comment

Where does the american love for presidents who served in war come from?
                        Why would someone be capable to be a president if he served in war?
                        If someone served in war he showed that he's capable to take orders. Not to give them.

I'd take any non-militairy president over a militairy president any day. Unless we're talking about an important official (general or something) during war-time.
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          How cares about the purple hearts. The fact remains, he served IN vietnam and fought. Everything else, semantics.

The fact is that Bush can't say the same. He has said to be in war. Now I don't see a huge uprising against that right now. Someone digs up some dirt on the service of Kerry, which is not even confirmed yet, and it somehow is a big deal.

Fact is: Kerry served, Bush didn't.
                          The way the facts get played you might guess that if you aren't a vet you can't be president.

Is it the United Starshiptroopers of America?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                            Well, going buy the way the book looks, I would be suprised if that's a unbiased, orderly account for mr. Kerry's military career,
                            You mean like Fahrenheit 911 was just an unbiased documentary?

Obviously, there's no point in filling up air-time and newspaper columns with information and facts about the issues the election ought to be about.
                            There's plenty of space for that, and if Kerry's going to run on his war record, we're going to run him through his war record.

Comment

This is the same set of authors who claimed that the Clintons once hung prophilactics from their Christmas tree. Take that how you will.
                              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Working...
                              X