Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Only Poll That Counts: How Do You Have Your Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medium rare.

And Sashimi with rice is Chirashi. All good.

There are actually some award-winning restaurants in Indianapolis, unfortuantely most of them are on the other side of town. But there is an excellent Thai reataurant that has buffet lunch And I just recently discovered my father has never eaten Thai before in his life! He was quite pleased with it.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Medium.

I don't pay 30 bucks for my steak to fight back.

Comment

Thirty bucks?!

I guess The Reagan can afford to eat at the Four Seasons.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
          Medium.

I don't pay 30 bucks for my steak to fight back.
          How much?!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

TexMex not known and Mexican barely known?

Things have changed a great deal since you were last here Imran.

Apparently you don't have any good versions. All I hear you people talk about are your Indian take aways . Nary a word about burritos and some great chili con carne.

And the reverse offer stands if you come up to Columbus. Of course, I have no idea where anything is, but hopefully I'll figure things out soon.

I think I have a University of Michigan shirt... can I bring it to wear?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Blue, which for you ignorant folk, is 'really, really rare'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                TexMex not known and Mexican barely known?

Things have changed a great deal since you were last here Imran.

Apparently you don't have any good versions. All I hear you people talk about are your Indian take aways . Nary a word about burritos and some great chili con carne.
                That is possibly true, I wish we had more. It is pretty widespread and popular in terms of supermarket ingredients but there aren't many good restaurants. (other than a couple of crappy US style chains). I absolutely love tex mex although I mostly have to make it myself. I've been to some really good mexican places in London but it hasn't become very widespread and I don't know how it'd compare to somewhere in the US.

The problem is that there are not many Mexicans here but loads of former residents of the sub-continent. We tend to get our spicy kicks that way. My English chums who've visited the US say that the Indian food there is pretty ****. *shrug* (English 'indian' food doesn't bear much relation to proper indian food though.)

We also have a lot of good chinese and thai.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

And the reverse offer stands if you come up to Columbus. Of course, I have no idea where anything is, but hopefully I'll figure things out soon.

I think I have a University of Michigan shirt... can I bring it to wear?
                  **** ya. What do you think I'm going to wear every damn day that I live there?
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've been to some really good mexican places in London but it hasn't become very widespread

How does that make my statement wrong then?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There's Mexican, and there's Tex-Mex.
                      Mexican sucks.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've been to some really good mexican places in London but it hasn't become very widespread

How does that make my statement wrong then?
                        Mexican is very widespread, good mexican less so.

Don't really know the distinction between mexican and tex mex but Mexican is great.

And I don't take food tips from a Texan who has his steak well done. (still laughing at that).
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Damn, this and the black pudding thread are making me hungry.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Mexican is like California. Shredded gray meat with potato in the tacos and enchiladas.
                            Tex-Mex uses more chili, also.

And I eat my steak my way, and you don't need to waste time worrying about it.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What we get is probably more like tex mex then but that's not as marketable as mexican.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

And I eat my steak my way, and you don't need to waste time worrying about it.
                                what are you ashamed of? have you got some deep, dark secret regarding your steak preference?

Comment

Working...
                                X