Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Only Poll That Counts: How Do You Have Your Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, bonehead. I stated my preference, and Mike restated.
    Nice eyes.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have been to a few really good Indian restaraunts in America, actually.

Mexican food is wonderful. Last time I had this huge burrito and it was delicious.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Have you been to any in Britain to compare them to?
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          There's Mexican, and there's Tex-Mex.
          Mexican sucks.
          Yes, but it sucks soooooo well.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If you had a frame of reference, I might debate you; but as always, you don't.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
              Have you been to any in Britain to compare them to?
              I was in some Uni town in either west England or east Wales (it has a famous church), and went to a Indian restaurant there. IIRC it was better than any Indian food I've had stateside, but then again it was the 1st time I ate it and I was on vacation, which makes things taste better.
              At any rate the Indian food here is pretty good, if you go to the right place.
              And tex-mex is okay, but Mexican is better. Sorry, sloww.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Mexican sucks.

Mexican is better than Tex-Mex. Without a doubt. California style Mexican is also pretty damned good.

Mexican is very widespread, good mexican less so.

You mean you have a lot of Taco Bell?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

West England/East Wales are certainly not 'curry capitals'.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

MAybe not, but it was good.

You probalby wouldn't think of Chicago for Russian food, but Russian Tea Time is da shiznit (not to EVER be confused with Russian Tea Place down the street).
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Mexican sucks.
                      Depends on what you mean by Mexican; there's Chi-chi's crap and then there's regional, "authentic" Mexican which uses fresh, unconventional ingredients, and flavorings that are bland to the American palate.

I think of the latter when we're talking real Mexican, and that type of cuisine definitely doesn't suck if you know where to find it.
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac de Molay

Depends on what you mean by Mexican; there's Chi-chi's crap and then there's regional, "authentic" Mexican which uses fresh, unconventional ingredients, and flavorings that are bland to the American palate.
                        I wouldn't call Camarones al Diablo 'bland'.

A safe guide is to go where the Mexicans go to eat. If it's full of gringos & yuppies, it's likely bland and overpriced.

Comment

• There's Mexican, and there's Tex-Mex.
                          Mexican sucks.
                          Damn Sloww, you prefer well-done steak and don't like Mexican, what the hell are you doing in Texas? You're officially exiled to Oklahoma, where no one has a taste bud.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

• There is a big difference between Tex Mex and Mexican and then of course there's interior Mexican. BIIIIIIG difference.
                            Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                            Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                            You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

• Imran, what can a former N.J. punk living in Atlanta tell me about Tex-Mex?

Answer: Nada.

Comment

• medium well, which at some high end places means just turned from pink. thinking of flemings here.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X