Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Only Poll That Counts: How Do You Have Your Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Only Poll That Counts: How Do You Have Your Steak?

I've just had a steak, my weekly treat. Rare of course

So what is the general consensus on poly about how to have steak? Do you go to pastures and chew on the backend of cows in the field, or do you like it cremated? Tell all!
    Still very much mooing.
    8.60%
    Rare.
    7.53%
    Medium rare.
    32.26%
    Medium.
    9.68%
    Medium well-done
    18.28%
    Well-done
    13.98%
    Thermonuclear incineration.
    4.30%
    Boeuf au banane in a banana sauce with a flamande of bananas.
    5.38%
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Medium-rare
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In what some will call an abomination, well-done;
      just short of thermnucleared.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

WHAT KIND OF TEXAN ARE YOU?!!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I hear that **** all the time. I don't care. I don't want it mooing at me.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Definitely well-done. If it still bleeds it needs more flame.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Slow:

Comment

Saignant...
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

PHILESTINES!
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Saignant...
                    En Anglais?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Medium well, of course the resteraunts I go to have the scale set so that that means well done.

Comment

Medium-rare. It just simply tastes better with a little pink on the inside. Well-done is a travesty
                        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Medium to medium well-the only places I really eat steak at know the difference.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well-done is a travesty

Indeed.

Comment

Medium-rare. I've paid for a piece of flesh, not the oxidised burnt offerings to the kitchen gods.

Raw meat is also a delicacy I have indulged in. Cooking can be very over-rated.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X