NHL Playoffs, Round 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agathon
    Great, what a year for the NHL. All the attacking teams are gone and the trappers remain. Nice to see the NHL enforcing the rules properly so that skilled players dominate.
    Wow, it took longer than I thought for a Leaf fan to whine about the officiating -- a whole twelve hours .

Have you even watched the Lightning, for instance? They didn't beat the Habs by trapping -- that team is at its best when it's in full-on attack mode. You only get them in trouble by forechecking the hell out of their defense, and Montreal couldn't sustain that. Plus, any defensive mistake you make against the Lightning winds up in the back of your net. Or do you think guys like Richards, Lecavalier, and St. Louis aren't skilled players?

Calgary doesn't trap either. They're sound defensively and have a great goaltender, yes, but they do have a quick transition game and they work their asses off at both ends of the rink. Sutter damn well should win coach of the year, and I think he could've done wonders with either the Habs or Leafs in these playoffs, both of whom suffered too many letdowns & breakdowns, something you'd be hard-pressed to say of the Flames.

As for the Flyers -- seven goals in game 5. No skill?

Haven't seen much of the Sharks in these playoffs.

This year's playoffs are way better than last year's fiasco with the Devils, Ducks, and Wild in the final four. Now that was trap-hell.

Not even worth watching, especially as three out of the four remaining teams are no hopers that no one really cares about.
    Leaf fans can be such terrible losers -- you really oughta be used to it by now, though .

Me, I'll jump on the Calgary bandwagon. Is there room, Asher?
    "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      And so Calgary is the only Canadian team still alive...
      GO FLAMES!!!
      What?

Comment

Great, what a year for the NHL. All the attacking teams are gone and the trappers remain. Nice to see the NHL enforcing the rules properly so that skilled players dominate.
        Do you even know what the **** the trap is?

This is just sad...

You're apparently nothing more than the typical FOB using buzzwords he's heard from his friends in a vain attempt to show knowledge of the sport...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• haha

calling hima FOB
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• He is.

He's a recent immigrant, he's a hockey virgin.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• By the way, if all the attacking teams are gone, how come Calgary has scored more goals in the playoffs than Toronto?

By the way, for Tingkai's benefit...

Kipper GAA: 1.92
              Belfour GAA: 2.09

Not to mention that the Flames were playing the #1 team in the league, while TO was play comparatively easy teams. And then there's the purported awesome-defense of Toronto that apparently can't compare to Calgary's.

Would you still take Belfour over Kipper in a playoff team, Tingkai?

Comment

Not even worth watching, especially as three out of the four remaining teams are no hopers that no one really cares about.

Quinn should be fired. He's had six years and produced nothing. And Jeremy Roenick is a classy guy.
                Stop trolling. Do you really think that Tampa is a trap team?
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• He just doesn't know what the trap is. He's accused the Flames of always playing a trap before too.

It just sounds fancy and is an easy way to troll.

Comment

Do you even know what the **** the trap is?

This is just sad...

You're apparently nothing more than the typical FOB using buzzwords he's heard from his friends in a vain attempt to show knowledge of the sport...
                    1 forward up, 2 wingers back in tandem with the defencemen to clog the neutral zone and force a dump in or giveway.

Or it's sometimes used to describe an overly defensive team. It's the hockey version of the catenaccio.

None of the teams remaining play particularly exciting, skilled hockey. In the last game Calgary managed to clog the neutral zone quite well and gave Detroit no room at all.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Having said that I didn't really watch Tampa play Montreal (dull) but they played for giveaways when I saw them play the Leafs this season (quite succesfully too).

Some of the Calgary players were practically having sex with some of the Red Wings in the last couple of games. Boring.....
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Give me a ****ing break, the Flames have consistently been the most fun to watch all playoffs.

They've been aggressive, they've been physical, and they've been ruthless. Maybe Toronto should take a look at what Calgary's doing and see why they win, before condemning it.

Neutral zone trap, it certainly is not. Anyone who claims it is forfeits any rights to claim they know the most basic things about hockey.

Comment

• The Sharks

Getting the first goal is huge against teams such as the Sharks, who trap teams to death once they take a lead, especially later in a game.

The Flames

"They play a patient game and they trap," Avery said. "It's pretty tough to beat the trap on a consistent basis.

As for the Flyers - Hitchcock always goes for a solid defensive minded game and did so when he was in Dallas IIRC.

As for Tampa, they played defensively for giveaways when they played the Leafs this season (then again the Leafs' generosity might have something to do with that). I haven't seen them play other teams much.

I wouldn't call any of the teams left brilliant offensive teams. Philly rely on pressure (against us anyway) and none of the others could be described as scintillating.

I thought with the Avs and Wings winning in consecutive years that the boring stuff was over, but the Devils proved me wrong last year.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• AHAHAHAHAHA join the *ing club with TKG, Aggy

GOOD TO SEE THE REFEREES LET ALL THE CRAPPY TEAMS THROUGH, GEEZZS GUYS WEIRD OFFICIATING OH BOY THAT'S IT

what a complete *ing loser joke

Comment

Give me a ****ing break, the Flames have consistently been the most fun to watch all playoffs.
                              Watching them smack people about is fun. I'll admit that.

They've been aggressive, they've been physical, and they've been ruthless. Maybe Toronto should take a look at what Calgary's doing and see why they win, before condemning it.
                              They were doing the same. The Flames were playing an aggressive smothering game against Detroit and it worked. But two goals in two games is not much fun.

Neutral zone trap, it certainly is not. Anyone who claims it is forfeits any rights to claim they know the most basic things about hockey.
                              Like those who play against them?

Anyway, I hate to say this, but I hope Philly wins solely to get Roenick a cup. I hate the Flyers (especially that **** Clarke and chicken**** Brashear) but I can't bring myself to say a bad word about JR - he's just great.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Give me a ****ing break, the Flames have consistently been the most fun to watch all playoffs.

apparently you haven't been watching the same Leafs as myself and FOB boy. did you see their moves?? their outright CONFIDENCE in front of the net for those not at all hackneyed (though embarassingly failing) one timers??? their unwillingness to fight for the puck in the corner end for fear of actually having to make physically contact?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA the Leafs were just ROBBED by outright strange officiating this year, yup!

Comment

Working...
                                X