No announcement yet.

I'm on drugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a girl friend many many years ago whom I wanted to impress. To impress her I asked her out to a real broadway musical. You have to understand that broadway shows didn't often pass through Roanoke, Virginia in those days. The show I took her to was "Jesus Christ Superstar." How was I to know that most Iranians are Muslims? The relationship died shortly afterwards.

Before taking her to "Passion" make sure that she's not an atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or Wiccan.

dr strangelove...

sorry, but can i laugh at that? ah, the mistakes of youth.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by DataAeolus
      Ask her out to the Passion movie if she haven't seen it yet. A good date movie with a suggestive title
      I'm not that stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I had a girl friend many many years ago whom I wanted to impress. To impress her I asked her out to a real broadway musical. You have to understand that broadway shows didn't often pass through Roanoke, Virginia in those days. The show I took her to was "Jesus Christ Superstar." How was I to know that most Iranians are Muslims? The relationship died shortly afterwards.

Before taking her to "Passion" make sure that she's not an atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist or Wiccan.
        Either she's an atheist or she's a christian of some denomination, I'm 99% sure. (As a sidenote, she's from France she moved here when she was eight. She speaks much better French than I do.)

Comment

what if she turned out to follow the codes laid out in dianetics?
          B♭3

Comment

She's have to be on drugs simply for reading Dianetics.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Either atheist or Christian a? Thats a pretty big difference there. She could be agnostic maybe, their easy to confuse.

And the unloading thing is just a female friend that you talk to about all your little things in life.

Also skywalker I agree. Do something about it, talk to her, ask her out. Maybe don't tell her exactly how you feel at the moment, but definitely do something about it. Do it otherwise you'll wonder what if. Gotta have the balls and do something... don't be like me.

I wish you all the luck.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker

I'm not that stupid
                I just realized that this post makes no sense whatsoever. Let me explain:

1. I have no intention of seeing Passion. Ever. I don't have any particular desire to see a movie about Jesus (especially one that is primarily religious in nature), and the only other distinguishing characterist seems to be that it is very bloody.

2. I've heard about the crowds of devout Christians who have been going to it, and have no desire to be in a room full of them.

3. I doubt Alice really wants to see it either. It would be very anti-romantic.

Comment

What are you waiting for? Ask her out!
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Either she's an atheist or she's a christian of some denomination, I'm 99% sure. (As a sidenote, she's from France she moved here when she was eight. She speaks much better French than I do.)
                    From France? Definitely an atheist, so it's settled. Do not take her to "Passion" if you want to have any chance at a future with her.

On a lighter note I understand that a private finacier has made arrangements to distribute "Passion of Christ" in France. The odd thing is that the man is a Muslim. Perhaps he feels that this is just the right sort of movie for the viewing public in the nation where the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" was forged.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

UR, it's 11:20 PM. She's probably asleep. She lives over ten miles away from me. I'm not going to get dressed, pump air into my five-year-old bike that I haven't ridden in four, ride over there, ring the doorbell, and wake her up in order to ask her to go to a movie

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        From France? Definitely an atheist, so it's settled. Do not take her to "Passion" if you want to have any chance at a future with her.

According to the CIA World Factbook (I downloaded it as a resource for a History paper and it has proven useful just for general statistics) France is 90% Roman Catholic.

OTOH, that looks odd (I thought they had a huge influx of muslims), so let's let Spiffor tell us

Comment

UR, it's 11:20 PM. She's probably asleep. She lives over ten miles away from me. I'm not going to get dressed, pump air into my five-year-old bike that I haven't ridden in four, ride over there, ring the doorbell, and wake her up in order to ask her to go to a movie
                          Why not? It's what a kid in a lame teen movie would do, perhaps it'll work in real life too. Try it and report back to us please.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Or use the phone.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes, waking somebody up at midnight is the best way to win their love.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'm not that stupid
                                Well, I used to think you were an idiot, but since you're in 10th grade... you definitely have some potential.
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X