Part of Patriot Act ruled unconstitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmytrick

That may be so, but I clearly have a more intelligent ass than you.
    Yep, and I'm on Mars.

Comment

This "slippery slope" argument has been the bane of law enforcement throughout the history of this country.

By using it you accomplished two things. You win your argument and second, you guarantee a fertile ground for criminals, drug lords, and corrupt politicians.

I yield the point. As long as a majority of Americans want to live in lawless despair, that is just what they will get.

Comment

I have the courage to open my affairs to the light of day. I am not afraid of scrutiny. I have in this one afternoon been branded a racist and called a Nazi simply because I have dared to voice my opinion.
        Stop being so melodramatic. Being an obedient slave of the state doesn't take any courage. You were branded a racist because you dismissed the importance of liberty of Kurdish people. You were called a Nazi because you want to take away everyone's freedom.

It's not my business if you want to delude yourself.

Quite right. I heard the words terrorist group and Kurds in the same sentence and my mind went to the most famous one. That still didn't answer my question though.
        I don't know the answer to your question, I'm not familiar with Kurdish humanitarian organizations.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick No, thats bull****. I am sick and tired of people's lives ruined by drugs.
          My brother fell prey to drugs...smack.

Believe me, bucko, when it comes to anti-drugs sentiment...I am a crusader.

Originally posted by jimmytrick Many if not most of the people who are so shrill about their rights are people who have something to hide, their own drug use or whatever.
          Imply as you will, but your sad attempt to play McCarthy on me will derail badly, little soldier.

Your own self-righteousness indicates the same things you accuse of others.

Originally posted by jimmytrick I find it pitiful that people seek to hide their own lawlessness behind the cloak of liberty. It sickens me. I have the courage to open my affairs to the light of day. I am not afraid of scrutiny.
          I'd like to see that put to the acid test.

A SWAT team on a 'routine investigation' wrecks your home, tramples your property, then beats you to the wall.

And you would say "thanks, men!"...

Who are you trying to kid here?

Me or yourself?

Originally posted by jimmytrick I have in this one afternoon been branded a racist and called a Nazi simply because I have dared to voice my opinion.
          That is poetic reversal.

Originally posted by jimmytrick There is fear here and plenty of it but belongs to those who want to hide and point fingers and call names to divert attention from their own anti-social lifestyles.
          Sure thing, Mr Torquemada.

Your blinkered attitude, and almost masochistic desire to get into bed with any Orwellian measures of 'security',
          make me wonder exactly how deluded a man would have to be to give his power of self-determination away.

I am glad you are not destined for any sort of power.

(as that would be against your creed of being a submissive citizen, eh?)

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

This "slippery slope" argument has been the bane of law enforcement throughout the history of this country.

By using it you accomplished two things. You win your argument and second, you guarantee a fertile ground for criminals, drug lords, and corrupt politicians.

I yield the point. As long as a majority of Americans want to live in lawless despair, that is just what they will get.
            That is purely a matter of perception. If that is how you see things, there is no reason to continue this argument.
            "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
            "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

And your momma wears combat boots.
              I think this post clearly reflects the mentality we are dealing with here...

Hardly worth the bother, really.

Comment

people who say they refer to their constitutional rights are always suspicious and should be investigated. keep your country clean from terrorists! always remember 911.
                justice is might

Comment

My brother fell prey to drugs...smack.

Believe me, bucko, when it comes to anti-drugs sentiment...I am a crusader.
                  So you believe that having him locked up in a cage would have improved his life?

And as far as Jimmy goes:

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                  HL Menken
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I believe drug users (not dealers) should be sentenced to community service (in public wearing distinctive clothing so they can be shamed) on weekends. Something like weekends for 2 years and then doubled per offense.

They should have to pay according to their ability for costs.

Comment

jt, do you (occasionally) drink alkohol?
                      justice is might

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                        So you believe that having him locked up in a cage would have improved his life?
                        Listen to the sentimentalist.

Obviously, you have never been stabbed by a junkie for a few items of cash.

Originally posted by Boshko
                        The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                        HL Menken
                        Nice quote.

Do you have an opinion of your own to share?

Comment

Originally posted by oedo
                          jt, do you (occasionally) drink alkohol?
                          And I say yes, and you say AH HAH! Oh no, we are not going there. I support the legalization of pot and am open to legalizing other drugs that have relatively low addiction and damage levels. I do not desire to impose my morality on my fellow men. I do however, understand the destructive nature of many narcotics and I understand the both the social and economic cost these drugs do to our country and I WANT THEM OUT AT ANY COST INCLUDING THE LOSS OF PRIVACY IF THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES.

But I don't really expect any movement on the issue. I am just not going to worry if some drug dealers get swept up in a misuse of the Patriot Act. I would not worry if they got caught up in a flood, or a hurricane or a gas explosion or whatever.

Comment

I believe drug users (not dealers) should be sentenced to community service (in public wearing distinctive clothing so they can be shamed) on weekends.
                            A nice yellow star and striped outfit, maybe?

Originally posted by jimmytrick Something like weekends for 2 years and then doubled per offense.
                            Then off to Krakow, for liquidation, eh, Heinrich?

Originally posted by jimmytrick They should have to pay according to their ability for costs.
                            I think the boot camp system works for extreme users.

But your system, when aimed at minor perps...I plainly unworkable.

Comment

Drink and tobacco should be banned as well as pot/smack/crack/etc.

I go the whole way, not stopping short at the favoured vice, like some others.

Comment

And I say yes, and you say AH HAH! Oh no, we are not going there. I support the legalization of pot and am open to legalizing other drugs that have relatively low addiction and damage levels. I do not desire to impose my morality on my fellow men. I do however, understand the destructive nature of many narcotics and I understand the both the social and economic cost these drugs do to our country and I WANT THEM OUT AT ANY COST INCLUDING THE LOSS OF PRIVACY IF THAT IS WHAT IT TAKES.
                                after all you´re honest.
                                next question: did you just drink some alkohol?
                                l
                                and curtsibling, just for advice, comparing anyone with Himmler is a serious and tasteless thing which can make any of your points pretty pointless.
                                justice is might

Comment

Working...
                                X