Part of Patriot Act ruled unconstitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmytrick

They who would not give up temporary liberty for essential security, will have neither liberty or security.

This government is not our enemy, nor did they kill thousands of our countrymen on 9/11. Now is again the time for all good men to come to the support of our country.
    Arguing with a quote be Thomas Jefferson I see....

You make me wretch and want to vomit..... support of our country.... You're not the one that was on a terrorist watch list......
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

I don't think that is Jefferson quote.

It was one of those other framer dudes. I know the name, I just can't bring it up right now.

Comment

They who would not give up temporary liberty for essential security, will have neither liberty or security.
        Yes. The Russian people are just so damn impatient....

---Josef Stalin
        ---"Dictatorialism for Dummies"
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn

Arguing with a quote be Thomas Jefferson I see....

You make me wretch and want to vomit..... support of our country.... You're not the one that was on a terrorist watch list......
          Feel free to retch and vomit all you want. If you are an American you should be proud to submit to the temporary inconveince of being on a watch list. It is just another way of serving one's country.

Service of any sort is sacrifice. I appreciate the sacrifice you made for our security.

If you are not an American I could care less pal.

Comment

A people unwilling to sacrifice some part of their individual rights for the welfare of the people as a whole are not worthy of liberties nor will they long enjoy them.

This government is not our enemy, nor did they kill thousands of our countrymen on 9/11. Now is again the time for all good men to come to the support of our country.

no, the government is not the enemy.
            vigilance must be kept to prevent the government from being the enemy.
            it is easier to gain security with no liberty than it is to gain security with liberty; the patriot act is on the path of security with no liberty.
            it might be easier to do it this way.
            that doesn't make it right.

and that quote is ben franklin's.
            B♭3

Comment

if you are american you should be proud enough of your institutions that you don't feel scared or threatened by the enemy when there's a war on.

the farce at the airport? the visible junk? it's for show. we don't need it--we look like cowards, scared of small-minded ****** who think the only way to make a point is to kill. americans should be proud enough not to panic and be terrified, we should be proud enough to stand tall and know that our security is working invisibly.

i don't know how they do it in israel, but the airport security in korea is awfully effective. do they have all those machines in full view? no. they have troops stationed here and there, and everything useful is invisible and transparent to the end user. that's standing tall and being proud.

the patriot act is another example of cowering. while some of the ideas behind it are good, the implementation is flawed--rather than protecting us and making us proud, it "protects" us and makes us look scared.

get rid of the "patriot" act.
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                A people unwilling to sacrifice some part of their individual rights for the welfare of the people as a whole are not worthy of liberties nor will they long enjoy them.

no, the government is not the enemy.
                vigilance must be kept to prevent the government from being the enemy.
                it is easier to gain security with no liberty than it is to gain security with liberty; the patriot act is on the path of security with no liberty.
                it might be easier to do it this way.
                that doesn't make it right.

and that quote is ben franklin's.
                And really its up to good men to make sound judgements. We just have a different opinion about what degree of security is justified and what degree of liberty is at risk. I do not yet see a problem. No one has made a convincing case that our liberty is at jeopardy as far as I am concerned. As far as the judiciary is concerned I am content to assume any decision to strike down any specific provision of the Patriot Act is merely a partisan act by a liberal activist until facts surface to the contrary. It is a safe position to take.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I don't think that is Jefferson quote.

It was one of those other framer dudes. I know the name, I just can't bring it up right now.
                  Ben Franklin
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Jimmy, you sound like a frigging NAZI.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                      Jimmy, you sound like a frigging NAZI.
                      No, much worse. I am a Republican.

But that was a good argument.

Comment

beat you to the punch, drosedars.

And really its up to good men to make sound judgements. We just have a different opinion about what degree of security is justified and what degree of liberty is at risk. I do not yet see a problem. No one has made a convincing case that our liberty is at jeopardy as far as I am concerned. As far as the judiciary is concerned I am content to assume any decision to strike down any specific provision of the Patriot Act is merely a partisan act by a liberal activist until facts surface to the contrary. It is a safe position to take.

i do not think that anybody in congress qualifies as a "good man" (or woman). therefore, i do not think they are qualified to make such judgements.
                        this is the same congress that passesd the DMCA and the new Medicare bill when times were calm, am i to assume that somehow they got smarter/better in the chaotic aftermath of 11 sept?
                        B♭3

Comment

Yes. All the peoples should, of course, trust Commander-in-Comrade Gyorj Boosh!
                          Those who do not are liberal commienazi terrorists!

Comment

No, much worse. I am a Republican.
                            Same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick Feel free to retch and vomit all you want.
                              Can I do it in your face?

Originally posted by jimmytrick If you are an American you should be proud to submit to the temporary inconveince of being on a watch list. It is just another way of serving one's country.
                              That statement is so insane, it would make Himmler seem like a boy scout leader.

Had he been here today, George Washington would beat you to death.

Originally posted by jimmytrick Service of any sort is sacrifice. I appreciate the sacrifice you made for our security.
                              I appreciate that you can take blinkered jingoism too far.

What will you say when the system turns on you, jimmy boy?

Will you take permanent detainment like a good sheeple?

Originally posted by jimmytrick If you are not an American I could care less pal.
                              Behold the hideous stereotype, given life!

I can assure you, the feeling is mutual!
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

TROLL

Comment

Working...
                                X