Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Park Avenue
    I am in favour of the headscarf ban.
    What fvcking justification is there to suppress religious freedom of expression with something retarded like a headscarf ban??
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Don't forget his latent racism, he wants everyone to be the same as him.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        What fvcking justification is there to suppress religious freedom of expression with something retarded like a headscarf ban??
        The justification is that you consider wearing a headscarf (or any conspicuous religious symbol for that matter) as being proselytism, as being a pressure, if not an oppression, on other pupils' minds.

You may disagree with the logic of banning proselytist behaviour at school, but you can't say there is no fathomable justification.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Calm down, we don't want someon's eye out.

Separation of state and religion, dumbass.
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Re: Are the left anti-democracy?

1) They don't support the establishment of a democracy in the Middle East. They'd rather we left Iraq alone.
            You really think the purpose of invading Iraq was to establish a democracy?

2) Whenever a right-wing group is voted in, the talk is about how "dangerous" or "scary" their policies are, such as the spread of democracy.
            Any actual cases? Like, links to previous threads?

3) The majority are against such things as gay marriage or gay adoption, yet the left want to force these things through anyway.
            Stew, your anti-gay stance does not go unnoticed.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Calm down, we don't want someon's eye out.

Separation of state and religion, dumbass.
              No dumbass -- that does not violate separation of state and religion.

When individuals wear religious apparel in public places, no state government is sanctioning that individual's religion.
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

"Stew, your anti-gay stance does not go unnoticed."

I am watching my language.

If unsure, I will simply respond with smileys. Smileys aren't cause for banning are they.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Just make sure you don't do something stupid like calling them bummers.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

No dumbass -- that does not violate separation of state and religion.

When individuals wear religious apparel in public places, no state government is sanctioning that individual's religion.
                    MrFun, you and I see this the same way. It is a wonder that the French do not get it.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      Details. Links.
                      Both of these were Constitutional amenedments I and my fellow Floridians voted in (I voted for the first, I lived in Chicago when the 2nd one was enacted).

Bush says he'd skirt class-size limit

Bush threatens to thwart high-speed rail

I can't find our House speaker's current plans to limit our initiatives, but it's been on the radio a lot lately. I'll see what else I can find. Basically, he says it's too easy to get an initiative on the ballot, so he wants to make it harder. That's crap actually. It takes a hell of a lot of effort and you have to get signatures from every stinkin' county, not merely get a certain number of citizens to approve.
                      Last edited by chequita guevara; January 22, 2004, 13:04.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                        MrFun, you and I see this the same way. It is a wonder that the French do not get it.
                        The French get it, they just disagree. American's always seem to think everyone else believes in freedom of religion too, and has laws for it. We don't, at least not in at all the same way.

Euro's get it, we just disagree.
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, some of us. I get it and agree. Why should people be banned from wearing religious dress in public? I don't think it harms anyone.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                            You have to remember that in Europe, states often had official religions, to which you had to belong or face penalties, and that they had vicious religious wars killing millions. We were founded after all that, and our laws are a reaction to that. So are theirs, but in a different way.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              Well, some of us. I get it and agree. Why should people be banned from wearing religious dress in public?
                              Because they are kids and do not have a choice. Their parents make them wear religious dress. It's not a choice.

Comment

My parents used to dress me up slightly smarter than average at my rough primary school and I used to get bullied for it. Should they have been banned from doing so?
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X