No announcement yet.

Are the left anti-democracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, it's true. I hate America. And it's little dog Toto, too.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• PA, the lefts you've seen at this thread that say the public is stupid are not, AFAI can tell, at all the representative of most of the left. I am one of those who believe the masses that are more interested in "football and Big Brother" (the TV show, right? ) can indeed run a nation--because it is their nation. If they **** it up, so what? It's their nation, they ran it, it's their chance to make it great or turn it into a ****hole. The best leader of a nation is its people, because that means the nation is self-governed, its path is self-determined, and it is not controlled by one or so many elite that forced their way into power. IOW, the collective nation runs the collective nation: the nation is "free".

PA, your 3rd point is horse ****. Democracy is ultimately only "tyranny of the majority" if it doesn't give everyone equal freedoms. Do you know what? 150 years ago, most people didn't support abolishing slavery. Does that mean we should've kept the slaves? Eh?
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Well, Che, it does appear that the fascist, reactionary running-dog Republicans of Florida are trying to thwart the declared will of the people in connection with the cited two referendums. It now appears that the time is ripe for a people's revolution in Florida - either that or a recall like we had here in Kalifornia when the anti-democracy Democrat Governor went against the people.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• If Gore won the electoral college but lost the popular vote, does anyone doubt the Deomcrats would ignore who got the most votes?

Comment

• If Gore won the electoral college but lost the popular vote, does anyone doubt the Deomcrats would ignore who got the most votes?
            If Bush won the popular vote, I would want him in office. Anything else would be pushing an unelected goon on the nation, one they did not choose.

Now, on the other hand, Bush got to play the role of the unelected goon, because the nation was smart enough to pick Gore.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
              PA, the lefts you've seen at this thread that say the public is stupid are not, AFAI can tell, at all the representative of most of the left.
              thank you
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                PA, the lefts you've seen at this thread that say the public is stupid are not, AFAI can tell, at all the representative of most of the left.
                I think they are just counter-trolling.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I'd just like to point out that it's the libertarians who don't believe in democracy, not the liberals.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• I never correlated Bush-dislike with America-hatred, did I? Of course MrFun and Chegitz dislike America and the success it has made of capitalism, they can't state as such of course, so they proxy their dislike in criticism of its actions wrt "war" (ie, freeing a nation), "globalisation" (ie, contributing to free trade and spread of culture) and other things. Keep your eyes open and you'll see it.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• PA completely betrays his ridculuos assertion with a comment on how badly the BNP are treated. They are not democratic and are a facist racist bunch of thugs.

I'm no "lefty" however i am confident that the vast majority would rather see a deomcratic right wing govt rather than an unelected left wing one.
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• the vast majority would rather see a deomcratic right wing govt, (ie Bush), rather than an unelected left wing one, (ie Howard Dean).
                        Do the left-wing Americans here feel this way?

Really?

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          Finally!! Drogue has had a thread deleted, and done something to irritate the mods!! .
                          Nope, MikeH had a thread deleted, that I was trying to bring semi-on topic, and was also the only person to vote against said painful injury

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          You're a good government. You have good, sensible, logical policies that will lead to peace, prosperity and longevity. Do you work with a group that has policies that can only be described as idiotic? HELL NO!! Now that my friend, is pragmatism.
                          Yay pragmatism!
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• By the way, if Apolyton was a proper democracy where people could propose ideas for the mob to vote on Park Avenue's balls being smashed in a door was voted for by 12 people and only one against.
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• I expect PA to follow the majority rule and slam his uncovered genitals repeatedly in a door then. I sure hope he'll send us the pics
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• OK, but can we have a poll on whether I get to donate sperm first.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X