X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP

And didn't Forbes win Iowa in 2000?
    Nope
    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Ok, I withdraw that example. BUT... Clinton got 2.8% in '92.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

According to the above link. The Iowa caucus picked the nomination winner in 7 races since 76, and didn't in 5.

So don't hold your breath.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

http://desmoinesregister.com/extras/...stresults.html
          Yeah, but do you think some Southern pair of white-trash titties is going to come out and say "I was **** Gephardt's Lover" and save his campaign?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

http://desmoinesregister.com/extras/...stresults.html
            Just to point out, the winner in that election was from Iowa, skewing the results just a bit.
            I'm not suggesting that winning in Iowa predicts winning the nomination. But winning in Iowa, or doing very strong, especially in a horse race like this one was supposed to be, gives you much needed media attention plus momentum.

Right now, Kerry and Edwards have the big mo. We'll see how they use it.
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Still Bush I is infinitely preferable to that sag faced harpy of a wife of his.

Barbara Bush got her gray hair while she was watching and caring for one of her children that died of leukemia (sp?). Of course, I'm sure you're thrilled that the world was saved from another Bush... kill 'em while they're young, huh?

Comment

Dean was losing his lead in NH before this disaster; he looks to be in deep doo-doo now.

I think Clark made a big mistake in skipping Iowa; you can't convince that he wouldn't have made an even more-impressive Lazarus-like move than Edwards if he had campaigned in Iowa. Now he's given the other Dem war hero a big boost, not to mention the little whippersnapper. Dean might hold on to the NH lead, if only because Kerry & Edwards will cannibalize Clark in addition to Dean.

We're left with Kerry, Edwards, Clark, and Dean. I think you could make a winning ticket from any combination of those four.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

See, negative campaigning is effective.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    Still Bush I is infinitely preferable to that sag faced harpy of a wife of his.

Barbara Bush got her gray hair while she was watching and caring for one of her children that died of leukemia (sp?).
                    She's still an evil woman.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      See, negative campaigning is effective.
                      Umm... not entirely.

Edwards wasn't negative at all in his campaign and he had the greatest and most unexpected surge because of it. Dean and Gephardt mucked themselves up with attack ads and got toasted because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

She's still an evil woman.
                        And you base that on... ?

Comment

• All the Democrat nominations have fake hair, it seems.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• YAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Dean has truly lost his mind. Click on the link for a 13 second audio clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP

Umm... not entirely.

Edwards wasn't negative at all in his campaign and he had the greatest and most unexpected surge because of it. Dean and Gephardt mucked themselves up with attack ads and got toasted because of it.
                              It was effective in that it tarred Dean. I was amused listening to NPR this morning (and ABC) both of which were repotring that Dean and Gephart had been in some kind of grudge match, but leading up to the Caucus I heard a lot of Gephart attacking Dean, but not vice versa. (The same NPR also said this morning that students at Florida A&M were protesting Jeb, for among other reasons, mistakenly leaving Black people off the voting rolls, despite state memos showing that it was deliberate. )

Gephart brought Dean down, but killed himself doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                                YAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

Dean has truly lost his mind. Click on the link for a 13 second audio clip.
                                Yeah, when I heard that this morning I was like, "What the hell?" It looked better on video though. Guess you had to be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X