No announcement yet.

Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear. I think he's finished as a candidate, the only thing that could save him is his war chest.

Iowa is a terrible place to guess candidates, becuase it is grossly unrepresentative of the nation. Even NH is, but more people vote there, so you get a better sample-and people don;t argue, but go, vote and leave.

Dean still has a good chance, but he has to retailor his message and pound on his experience as governor, not simply anti-war, becuase sadly, most voters have "moved on". He has to show he is a good manager of domestic issues.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      http://www.drudgereport.com/dean.mp3
      grrrr, I already posted this in this thread....

(anybody know where I can see the video online?)

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
        Still Bush I is infinitely preferable to that sag faced harpy of a wife of his.

Barbara Bush got her gray hair while she was watching and caring for one of her children that died of leukemia (sp?). Of course, I'm sure you're thrilled that the world was saved from another Bush... kill 'em while they're young, huh?
        It is also said the George W. who was between 10 to 12 at the time stay home and help with household chores instead of playing with his friends and was very upset when he lost his little Sister I believed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

HA!

Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Idaho make Iowa appear like an urbanized state.

Not to mention that the Quad Cities of eastern Iowa and western Illinois has a strong, local gay community.
          Iowa rots

Minnesota PWNS!!!!!11
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
            Iowa is the ass of the country. It's the most boring place ever created. Y'all are even worse than Oklahomans.
            No Louisiana is far worse than Iowa OR Oklahoma. In Louisiana pigs aren't food, their a form of transportation.

Kinda sad, Oklahoma lost the Sugar Bowl, but at least they were the Texas state champions after beating all the teams in Texas this year.

Comment

• The ass-state debate is useless.

Everyone knows the real ass is Texas.

Look! It's even down at the bottom! That would make a state like New York the brain.

I guess Arkansas would be the kidney or something, I dunno.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• I'd agree except that Texas has Austin (and we lost to OU only because of that damn fool Mack Brown). Like Louisiana has New Orleans. Oklahoma and Iowa are entirely crap states.

Getting back to the thread, here's an interesting perspective on Dean's future possibilities (the idea is that Dean's organization is relatively superficial, which wasn't enough to win the Iowa caucus, but is more than enough to win a primary):
                Daily Kos is a progressive news site that fights for democracy by giving our audience information and resources to win elections and impact government. Our coverage is assiduously factual, ethical, and unapologetically liberal. We amplify what we think is important, with the proper context—not just what is happening, but how it's happening and why people should care. We give you news you can do something about.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

• And you base that on... ?

John, when did che need facts?!

I'd agree except that Texas has Austin

Austin... the ass of Texas . Why didn't you say a real Texas city like San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I saw an interesting commentary. If Dean gets damaged by the relatively weak criticism of Gephart, how could he stand up to whatever Karl Rove has planned.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                      That would make a state like New York the brain.
                      Dirigo
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

No Louisiana is far worse than Iowa OR Oklahoma.
                        Plus, if you look at the Mississippi as the colon of the U.S., the Louisiana must be the rectum, and New Orleans the *ssh*l*.

I use that same metaphor for the St. Johns River, Florida, and Jacksonville.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Speaking of Dean, I haven't commented yet. Dean is no longer my top candidate for the nomination. What killed me was Dean's post-Iowa speech. Dean looked like a guy hopped up on crystal meth. It literally scared me. Dean's message is good, but he's a terrible candidate. In addition, the Repuke corporate media would have such an easy time destroying Dean before a vote was cast. If some people think Gore was mistreated by the media in 2000 (some dopes still believe Gore said "I invented the internet"), the coverage on Dean would be a massacre.

oh BTW, the below picture doesn't come close to what Dean looked like in the heat of that post-Iowa speech.
                          Attached Files
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Sava, I heard a poll this morning (Wednesday) that Dean had dropped to single digits in New Hampshire and Kerry was now polling in the 30s.
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                              Sava, I heard a poll this morning (Wednesday) that Dean had dropped to single digits in New Hampshire and Kerry was now polling in the 30s.
                              I believe it... this whole "front runner" crap was created by the meida... I'm glad to see the media was shot down. Unfortunately, all the dumbass political talking heads aren't about to admit they were full of ****.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                                Dean's message is good, but he's a terrible candidate.
                                you just realized that?

Comment

Working...
                                X