No announcement yet.

Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never, ever, ever would have thought Edwards would be anything more than a footnote in this race.

And here I thought my prediction of Edwards as the dark horse was going to make me look dumb.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

How can anyone support Edwards? He's the prototypical "nice-looking" candidate that old ladies vote for. Apparently people feel that "he cares about them".

I think I'm going to puke...

Once again the electorate displays its predilection for electing well-groomed candidates with no real convictions.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

relevant in the sense it knocked Gephardt out... also, Dean coming in third was huge... but, the last 3 presidents didn't win in Iowa (so I've heard).

I agree. It's probably significant in terms of sucking momentum out of Dean and giving a boost to Kerry and Edwards, but it's definitely not going to make or break the nomination. New Hampshire and South Carolina are going to be interesting.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

wow... Edwards hatred... I haven't seen that yet. Not even on teh Democratic Underground forums.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Once again the electorate displays its predilection for electing well-groomed candidates with no real convictions.

True enough; that's why astute political analysts have no faith in the intelligence of the electorate.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

wow... Edwards hatred... I haven't seen that yet.

Me neither... that was totally out of left field for me too, Sava .

--

Anyway:

Go John Go! This is the first step to the White House, boys!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                wow... Edwards hatred... I haven't seen that yet. Not even on teh Democratic Underground forums.
                I don't hate the guy, he just seems like a painted doll to me.

Anyway, the good news is the massive turnout. If enough Dems care this much about the nominee, Shrub is Toast.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Then again I thought and continue to think that Clinton is a hollow man.

Although he's Dostoyevsky compared to Raygun or either of the Bush cretins, none of whom manages to convey the impression that they possess an intellect, or frankly know what an "intellect
                  " is.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Although he's Dostoyevsky compared to Raygun or either of the Bush cretins, none of whom manages to convey the impression that they possess an intellect, or frankly know what an "intellect
                    " is.

I have no idea how you can with a straight face say that Bush I did not show that he possessed an intellect. I mean, that's just absurd to say!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      " is.

I have no idea how you can with a straight face say that Bush I did not show that he possessed an intellect. I mean, that's just absurd to say!
                      I never heard him say anything smart or profound - I did see him puke on an Asian dignitary though. Then again profundity is actively discouraged among Presidents these days - it might put the rabble off.

Still Bush I is infinitely preferable to that sag faced harpy of a wife of his.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I never heard him say anything smart or profound

He was a very smart President. Had long diplomatic experience and was basically a policy wonk who became President after serving his time. Idiots don't normally become US Ambassador to the UN or Director of the CIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Idiots don't normally become US Ambassador to the UN or Director of the CIA.
                          sig material.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Yes, sometimes true statements are included in sigs .

Comment

I think, oddly enough, Clark is really the big winner after Iowa. He knew he was going to take a hit there, so he skipped it, and now he has NH all to himself.

With the two successes in Iowa being Kerry and Edwards (and not Dean) he ends up being well situated in deed.

Edwards, as mentioned, is just too darn purdy to be taken seriously, and Kerry looks too much like the Frankenstein's monster. So, with a "flash-in-the-pan" Dean, Clark becomes the second option to both Kerry and Edwards.

Yes, image isn't everything... but in US Presidential politics, it counts for a lot.

Of course, like my NFL playoff picks (I got this round right, though!), the actual events may well prove me 100% wrong.

jon.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I'm gonna join (or start) an "anybody but Kerry" campaign. yuck, I can't believe he won. His campaign was looking washed up not more than a week ago.

Edwards strong showing is totally surprizing.
                                So is Deans weak showing.

But in all honesty, how many elections were really predicted by the Iowa caucus? Everyone makes a big deal out of the fact Gephardt got Iowa in '88. But he lost so who cares?

And didn't Forbes win Iowa in 2000? He lost too.

So screw Iowa, lets see what happens next.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X