• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David Floyd
    Alcohol restrictions in the US:

-No hard liquor sales on Sundays, except in bars
    -Liquor stores can only stay open until 9 pm
    -Beer can only be sold until 12 pm, except in bars
    -Bars may only serve alcohol of any sort until 2 am
    -No one under the age of 21 may purchase or consume alcohol (except at home under parental supervision)
    -One may not, in MOST cities, drink alcohol while walking down the street (there are some exceptions)

That's just off the top of my head. And those are ridiculous restrictions, too.
    none of this applies to where I live

Comment

But honestly: Imagine a really free country with free access to alcohol and free access to guns. Is it paradise on earth or is it rather hell?
      It's New Zealand.

Within reason, of course... for instance under 18s can drink in public places if their parents buy it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
        Personally, I think that all bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and liquor stores should just give the finger to the government, and sell whatever they want whenever they want to whomever they want. If they all did it, the government really couldn't stop 'em
        including drugs?

Comment

Dissident,

it is in certain parts of Las Vegas and New Orleans
          Yes, yes, and also in Fredericksburg, Texas. By and large, though, you can't.

including drugs?
          Certainly.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

On my 21st birthday, I got so plastered I had to be half-carried to the car, spent most of the ride home puking out the window
            Litterbug

Comment

where is access to booze restricted in the US? ('cept that stupid below 21 rule that doesn't apply to most americans. )
              The township in Ohio where I grew up is dry. There has been a referendum every other year on it too. If that's what the people want, then I have no problem with it.

On the other hand, go outside my township and you can buy hard liquor at the supermarket 24/7. It used to be that the government had its own liquor stores and was a monopoly, but they got rid of that system 15 or 20 years ago. Too much corruption and inefficiency.

DC has two liquor stores on every street corner, so alcohol restrictions obviously aren't too much on the minds of Washingtonians.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I know this isn't the direction this thread is heading, but I love posting stories in which guns save lives.

Comment

Last time I was in Estonia they had liquor store open 24/7.
                  But I must admit it was slightly disturbing to see youth hanging out at a liquor store 1 am friday night.
                  Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                  X