X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free Countries, Guns and Beer

Originally posted by Adalbertus
    [/SIZE] , or Euros who really love their quite free access to alcohol
    well you can't possibly be referring to scandinavia (minus denmark).
    CSPA

Comment

note to self: read threads before replying
      CSPA

Comment

considering the drinking abilities of you, my northern friends, I must applaud your government's decision to impose stiff limits on booze.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
          Sweden is the only Christian nation where you can't buy beer in the supermarket.
          you can't in australia either. you have to go to the "bottle shop". it's often strategically placed next to the supermarket though.
          CSPA

Comment

I like the strategically placed bottle shop that is 50 yards from my house.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Regarding alcohol control, we have our strange rules as well. While the drinking age is only 15 for purchasing alcohol in supermarkets and you're generally expected to start while at that age, nobody is allowed to sell alcohol after 8.00 P.M or on Sundays. The degree to which the rule is kept varies of course, but its existance makes me think I'm living in East Germany or Sweden

Comment

I don't need a gun. Nor do I need alcohol. But in the time of need I can handle both.
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Near my parents house there's a strip mall with a sandwich shop, a donut shop, a liquor store, and an arms dealer... nice eh?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher,
                    the list is only missing hooters bar and a movie theater
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I think the beer restriction comes in the forms of dry counties. We have to drive out to a strip of land between 2 counties to get beer here. Though thats probably for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                        Alcohol tastes better when bought illegally.
                        I suppose that rule only comes into effect when you're over 18?
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          What if we ban cars. No more traffic accidents... ?
                          No more suburbs either.

Hey...

Suburbs suck...

Ban cars now.
                          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Re: Free Countries, Guns and Beer

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                            It is always funny to see here on Poly people praise the liberty of their country: USAmericans being proud of being able to buy guns of every sort in the supermarket and sometimes whining about not being able to buy a beer without excessive control , or Euros who really love their quite free access to alcohol but who really would love to have a simpler way to guns and stuff, not me of course, I refused to go to military for some reason.

But honestly: Imagine a really free country with free access to alcohol and free access to guns. Is it paradise on earth or is it rather hell?
                            I'd think the latter.

So, let's be happy in our not-so-free countries ...
                            You'll think that until they throw up another wall.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Alcohol restrictions in the US:

-No hard liquor sales on Sundays, except in bars
                              -Liquor stores can only stay open until 9 pm
                              -Beer can only be sold until 12 pm, except in bars
                              -Bars may only serve alcohol of any sort until 2 am
                              -No one under the age of 21 may purchase or consume alcohol (except at home under parental supervision)
                              -One may not, in MOST cities, drink alcohol while walking down the street (there are some exceptions)

That's just off the top of my head. And those are ridiculous restrictions, too.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I guess the Sunday ban on hard liquor can be found throughout the world. There's a leftover from the past for sure, I wonder why it continues to be enforced.

Comment

Working...
                                X