No announcement yet.

Free Countries, Guns and Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Since you don't have the 'nads to just own up to something I wasn't particularly condemning, I will.
    I personally have stumbled, staggered, and even fallen.
    David hasn't, because he's so cool.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
      Alcohol restrictions in the US:

-No hard liquor sales on Sundays, except in bars
      -Liquor stores can only stay open until 9 pm
      -Beer can only be sold until 12 pm, except in bars
      -Bars may only serve alcohol of any sort until 2 am
      -No one under the age of 21 may purchase or consume alcohol (except at home under parental supervision)
      -One may not, in MOST cities, drink alcohol while walking down the street (there are some exceptions)

That's just off the top of my head. And those are ridiculous restrictions, too.
      this is not true in many states (I have often visited liquor stores after midnight)

JOn Millrt
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hence your preference for a neon avatar.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

BC,

Sounds like a law designed to get rid of tramps and other undesirables.
          Probably. Doesn't really change my opinion of the law, though.

Sloww,

Ok. Since you don't have the 'nads to just own up to something I wasn't particularly condemning, I will.
          I personally have stumbled, staggered, and even fallen.
          Actually I thought I had admitted to that. In any case, I will certainly admit to that.

On my 21st birthday, I got so plastered I had to be half-carried to the car, spent most of the ride home puking out the window, and went to sleep in my hallway when I got home.

I still don't see what this has to do with walking down the sidewalk drinking a beer
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Alcohol restrictions in the US:

-No hard liquor sales on Sundays, except in bars
            -Liquor stores can only stay open until 9 pm
            -Beer can only be sold until 12 pm, except in bars
            -Bars may only serve alcohol of any sort until 2 am
            -No one under the age of 21 may purchase or consume alcohol (except at home under parental supervision)
            -One may not, in MOST cities, drink alcohol while walking down the street (there are some exceptions)

That's just off the top of my head. And those are ridiculous restrictions, too.
            I some places strip clubs cannot go fully nude if alcohol is sold. Other places have no such restriction. The only places I've ever been where drinking on streets is accepted is in New Orleans or Memphis on Beale street.

All the restrictions you encounter are local in nature. I live in what we southerners call a dry county (no alochol sold at all supposedly) But there are 4 clubs that sell it and 2 restaurents. And. there is a ward inside the county that is allowed to sell it. America is strange where alochol is concerned.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Again, I meant in Texas only, I mis-typed when I said "US".

But you're right - the strip club law is another alcohol restriction I've seen before.
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Public Intoxification is something very subjective. Ive been that plenty of times around cops that knew I was that way but never have I been arrested for it. If I had been acting like an ******* and creating problems then they would have been more than happy to haul me off. At least thats the way it is around these parts. It may be more strict where some of you all live..
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

That's probably about what the reality is here in Austin, too, although I rather imagine that you can get away with more here than you can in many other cities.

Comment

Again, I meant in Texas only, I mis-typed when I said "US".

But you're right - the strip club law is another alcohol restriction I've seen before.
                    I wasnt correcting you. Most of those Texas laws you quoted are very similar to Arkansas and Missouri. In fact here in Arkansas in some places there is no alochol sales on sunday at all. 20 miles north in Cardwell MO, I can buy on Sunday. But only beer

Comment

For the longest time, people under 21 had no problem at all buying alochol on military posts at the Class Six or at one of the small shopettes. But now I get carded when I buy on post and I'm 29..

Comment

Personally, I think that all bars, restaurants, grocery stores, and liquor stores should just give the finger to the government, and sell whatever they want whenever they want to whomever they want. If they all did it, the government really couldn't stop 'em

Comment

One thing that has happened here in my county is that when the issue comes up on the ballot about getting rid of the dry county thing, the two groups that always get together are some church organizations and the liquer store owners in the neighboring county. Every year the margin gets closer and closer. The major get out the vote issue here is becoming "Lets Make Our County Wet"

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            where is access to booze restricted in the US? ('cept that stupid below 21 rule that doesn't apply to most americans. )
                            It´s the kind of beer they have there
                            Blah

Comment

Re: Free Countries, Guns and Beer

Originally posted by Adalbertus

But honestly: Imagine a really free country with free access to alcohol and free access to guns. Is it paradise on earth or is it rather hell?

depends on the culture that goes with it. in Los Angelas culture it would be hell, in canadian culture it would be heaven
                              "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                              - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                              Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Sloww, huh?

Are you trying to say that it's legal to walk down the street drinking a beer? Because AFAIK, it isn't.
                                it is in certain parts of Las Vegas and New Orleans

Comment

Working...
                                X