No announcement yet.

Suicide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.2 billion....i never knew it'd feel so good to be part of a majority.

Im not in any way saying you have been defeated by the world or that you are taking the cowardly step of running away from it; merely that to have decided that in 11 years time you will have nothing left to live for seems an extremely defeatist attitude to have. Believing things will not get any better and that nothing (except children) could happen to make you change your mind.
    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

death should get people very optimistic. afterwards there's the everlasting nothing, so you might as well live and have fun and whatever or do nothing whatever, but its always better

Comment

always good to know there's something to look forward to
        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

actually the optimism comes from the fact that's there's nothing to look forward to. That makes anything better than nothing.

Comment

Im not in any way saying you have been defeated by the world or that you are taking the cowardly step of running away from it; merely that to have decided that in 11 years time you will have nothing left to live for seems an extremely defeatist attitude to have. Believing things will not get any better and that nothing (except children) could happen to make you change your mind.
            11 years is ample time to complete my purpose. A rough estimate is 120-130 words per day. I'm currently averaging 3500. After having completed that purpose, its either a quick and relatively painless death, or waiting around for another 20 years waiting for Mr. Reaper to stick a boney finger into my failing heart.

And things won't get better. The more aware I become, the worse I feel. Nothing save enlightenment will improve that. And the people that I hurt? They move on. I consider my friends, to use an analogy quoted by a very good friend once, you are sitting in a cafe, your friends are walking past the window. Now you see them, now you dont. In this cafe, no-one sits in the empty seat next to you. Attachment is irrelevant.
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Actually, when you're as tired as i am, nothing sounds very appealing (however, sleep is still preferable to suicide atm )

Comment

The idea of an eternity in bed has its appeal.....
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

How do you guys feel about slow suicide?

My father essentually drank himself to death- slowly.

Can that be considered suicide?

Comment

I've considered it, but come to the conclusion that it's not worth it (especially if, like atheists usually think, there's nothing but emptyness on the other side)...better to live for as long as you can, trying to overcome any problems as much as it is possible.
                    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

Attachment is irrelevant
                      On which uplifting note i shall retire to my dreams of talking fruit, safe in the knowledge that people mean nothing to each other. What a happy world we live in.

Comment

If he was addicted, its like saying that our deadly addiction to oxygen is a suicide.

If he wasn't an addict, then I suppose you could argue that. My condolencies.

Comment

A friend of mine shot himself in the head after his girlfriend of two years left him. He left behind a little girl of his own all because he wanted someone else to feel bad. In his note he stated that his ex was the reason he killed himself.

There has been times when I wasnt particulary concerned about my safety because of the dangerous things i was doing, but never did the thought of killing myself enter my mind. I guess when it comes down to it, I'm curious how this adventure that I call my life turns out. I know I won't get out of it alive, but I'll be damned if I leave the show early because I couldn't take it.

The notion that a one person can't make a difference is bs. Sure you may not be the savior of millions or get your name in the pages of history, but each individual can make a difference in another person's life. Stop trying to be someone famous and start trying to influience the lives of the people around you one by one. My life is better not because I am on the six o'clock news or page 324 of a history book. I'm a better person each and every time I take a break from my miserable life to be there for somone else that is having a crummy day. For me at least, bringing a smile to someone's face makes all the absolute hell that I have seen in my life worth going through. If they can smile, then so can I.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sprayber: After having stripped your post of its rhetorical nonsense, I elect to give you a .

There is nothing wrong with trying to save the world. Sure you wont succeed, but its a hell of a good show trying!

Comment

I thought about killing myself after my girlfriend broke up with me.

But then I thought. Why would I do that. I don't want her thinking she's so special, I can't live without her. I would never give her the satisfaction. **** her.

I'd rather live a successful life and flaunt it in her face. She actually wrote me a few months back. I'm such an ******* . I couldn't help but mention how much more money I'm making now than I was back then, and how much more successful I am. She wanted to get back together, but I wasn't keen on that idea. She dumped me twice before. I'm not going to let that happen a third time. She died a few months later in a traffic accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                                Sprayber: After having stripped your post of its rhetorical nonsense, I elect to give you a .

There is nothing wrong with trying to save the world. Sure you wont succeed, but its a hell of a good show trying!
                                Call it what you like.

Nothing wrong with trying to saving the world, but what have you accomplished if in the process of trying you fail to connect with individual people.
                                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                                X