Johnny Hart is in trouble. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew1999
    He probably wouldn't be getting this reaction if he didn't fill 3/4 of his strips with fundamentalist Christian BS.
    Errrr, he usually puts a Christian message in the Sunday strip on or near Christmass and Easter, and if Christmas falls on a weekday or Saturday he'll do it then, too.

He did it after the Columbia disaster, and probably after 9-11 although I don't remember specifically. I'll bet other singular occasions can be found.

Anyway, it's about 5% of the time, not 75%. Whoever wants to whine about it can eat my shorts.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

ok so a muslim org. whined about the strip.

Im agree here with those who say its subtle - i found the strip pretty stupid, and for the life of me Im not sure what Hart meant.

However - what I will do is defend the right of the muslims in question to be offended - and to raise this as an issue. They are sensitive with good reason, and I dont think they are abusing this sensitivity in this case.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

HEY! That post's offensive, LOTM.

By my right to be offended, I ask you to remove that last post in its entirety!

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
        X