No announcement yet.

Dean has nomination locked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That idea is in the realm of fantasy-this is not an admin. that likes to be shown to be wrong (they will never, ever admit any fault, period.), so the second they found anything they would publicize it: the fact is, if something were to miraculously show up during election time, it would hurt Bush, since general cynicism and mistrust would rule.

As for the South- i don't see how the South is crucial- Gore lost in Florida, had he won it he would have been president, and that is even after he got trounced in the rest of the south. If every state in the Union went the very same way, save either Florida and Ohio, the Dems would win. Now, this would be cutting it close since Red states won electoral votes after the census while most blue state lost, but again, change Florida and Ohio, without any other changes, and the Dem's win.

The best thing they can do in the south is massive get out the vote campaings among blacks and hispanics. And that is where the whole Demoxcratric field sputters, cause save for Sharpton, none of those candidates appeals to minorities much.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I've been looking at pictures of dean and he really needs to take some lying lessons if he's to win the nomination, his real feelings show through all to well.

Observe:

Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

As for the South- i don't see how the South is crucial
        I agree with this. Or at least no more crucial than other states.

but again, change Florida and Ohio, without any other changes, and the Dem's win
        I know Ohio and it won't go dem with any regularity. Pin your hopes on something else. The dems are slipping in Florida somewhat, but that seems like a better possibility.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Why all this talk about Kerry? Clark is number 2 and still has a shot if some of the other anti-Dean candidates withdrew.

Dean 18%
          Clark 14%
          Lieberman 10%
          Gephardt 9%
          Kerry 8%
          Braun 3%
          Edwards 3%
          Sharpton 2%
          Kucinich 2%

Bush 49%
          Dean 36%

Bush 49%
          Gephardt 36%

Bush 49%
          Clark 36%

Bush 52%
          Hillary 38%

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Re: Dean has nomination locked?

Originally posted by lord of the mark
            Sure looks that way.

Gephardt HAS to win in Iowa to survive,

You see -- Iowa is the most important state in our country.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Lotm, I think Gephardt has no chance even if he does win Iowa. He is as boring as hell.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

On the other hand, if Gephart withdraws (I don't see how he ever thought he had a chance) I can see a good number of his votes going to Dean. Will be a bit surprising too see the establishment candidate (Kerry)go under so early, but if he goes down my money's definately on Clarke. Dean seems a bit too high strung not to say/do something remarkably stupid before the whole thing's over...
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Yankee doctors who venture South to tell the Bubbas to lay down thier Guns and thier God doesn't have a snowballs chance in the general election.Bush against Dean will be a landslide of Reaganesque nature.Now a Bush verses Clark race would change the parameters of the Souths influence upon the electorial college votes.Most Southerners that I know see right through Deans pandering of the southern culture.We think less about confederate flags and race then we do about mortgages and interest rates.Mr.Dean has yet to impress me enough to rate him in the company of the Gepharts or Kerry's or even Holy Joe.Clarks foreign relations resume is the only thing going for him until he can deep talk about domestic issues and his solutions.
                  As of this point I'm undecided on which candidate I'll support.As for Bush ,the Patriot Act is enough for me to hold my nose and vote for a Democrat.
                  Next to battle lost,misery is a battle gained.
                  --Duke of Wellington(after Waterloo)

Comment

I think Kerry could run with the South.
                    Not if he's appealing to conservative Christians. That's the kiss of death for any dem. Like Imran already said, this section of the voters is already well-seved by Bush.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If the 2004 election comes down to Bush vs. Dean, I'm moving to Mexico.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Brtndr4u
                        Yankee doctors who venture South to tell the Bubbas to lay down thier Guns
                        The last thing Howard Dean would do would be to ask anyone to lay down their guns. He gets an "A" rating from the NRA.

Originally posted by GeGap
                        As for the South- i don't see how the South is crucial- Gore lost in Florida, had he won it he would have been president, and that is even after he got trounced in the rest of the south. If every state in the Union went the very same way, save either Florida and Ohio, the Dems would win.
                        Screw Florida and Ohio. If Gore had just won New Hampshire or West Virginia he'd be President. With the new shuffling of electoral votes, the Dem candidate may need both instead of one or the other; Dean would be a mortal lock in New Hampshire, and I think he'd probably take West Virginia as well. However, I'd worry that he'd lose Pennsylvania and New Mexico.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                          If the 2004 election comes down to Bush vs. Dean, I'm moving to Mexico.
                          What's so bad about Bush. Who would you rather have?

Comment

Working...
                          X