Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need Someone To Translate. French to English. Puh-lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful lyrics

Comment

I told my daughter Summer, to take the instrumental version to her mother; and to advise her she would be required to dance with me to it at Summer's wedding, someday.

Knowing that went over well.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No wonder!

I had a hard time making heads to tails of the piece.

Paiktis- that's a wonderful translation!

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

thats guillaume de machaut. The music for that is haunting - includes syncopated rhythims, IIRC.

To bad Guillaume was a vicious antisemite.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
            Does it sound good? Some parts I'm really not sure. Whoever wrote that French writes really bad French.
            That's what I was thinking.....You did a good job there Ben....How many words on there did you only guess what they were?

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Bad French? It's 700 year old French.
              Do the current Brit's sound like Shakespeare?

Besides that, bad French is repetitive.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I think I can understand a good amount of french yet I also couldn't translate it.

to Ben for actually giving it a shot

Comment

Is fourteenth century French poetry legal in Texas?
                  "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Evidently.

Comment

Can you imagine Sloww going to his Veteran's reunion party and start reciting 14th Century French poetry?

Comment

They're used to strange things from me.

Comment

Working...
                        X